- Charlotte, NC
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again!
Allstate is expanding beyond insurance to offer our customers a complete circle of protection for all aspects of their lives. Allstate Dealer Services, a member of The Allstate Family of Companies, focuses on protection from mechanical breakdown to help cover repair costs for transmissions, engines, brakes, electrical and more.
Allstate is looking for experienced, full-stack, developers to join a dynamic team of Extreme Programming (XP) Software Engineers. A key component to Allstate's Agile transformation is our global network of "CompoZed" development labs. CompoZed supports a high performance, user-centric culture that empowers our people to deliver valuable products to our customers. We drive quality through test-driven development leveraging continuous integration & continuous delivery.
What you will be doing
- Developing code for the Allstate Dealer Services Direct to Consumer (D2C) channel. Innovating products in a pairing lab environment.
- Coding in both in React (Mobile First mentality) and API in Java (Spring Boot).
- Design and Architect solutions to solve complex integration issues with Rest/SOAP.
- Get your hands dirty debugging and fixing issues in production and working to prevent similar issues in the future using test driven development.
What we are looking for
- Required 3+ years of development experience REACT
- Experience with Java (Spring Boot) is highly preferred as well
- You are passionate about software engineering
- You measure success by delivering working software and end user satisfaction
- You have well-developed communications skills and enjoy collaborating
- Experience with SQL (or similar query language)
- Working knowledge of JSON objects
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science, or related field
- You have a clear understanding of cloud services, deployment models, and distributed systems
- Continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) such as Jenkins, Concourse CI and/or Gradle
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment
Back to top