Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Senior Application Developer is an individual contributor with a broad and deep technical understanding that provides technical leadership from project inception through rollout. The Developer creates code and designs for complex projects. They manage the review of code, design, and testing for the project team and acts as a coach for other developers.
My Account is a customer facing application that provides our customers with the ability to log on and service their Allstate policies online. My Account is a service orientated application which interacts with numerous other applications to present the customer with their Allstate information. The processes and tools we are using range from Agile methodology and Angular Java Script technologies to Test Driven development and Continuous Integration platforms.
We are seeking highly motivated individual(s) to perform the following activities:
- Provide Technical leadership and best practice guidance across all platforms
- Application development – Proof of Concepts; Development Projects
- Develop code for internet facing web applications, C#.NET, AngularJS, JQuery, CSS and HTML5
- Provide technical documentation (Acceptance Criteria, Story Tasking etc)
- Engage with business & technology stakeholders in ideation & solution creation
- Provide project estimates
- Create and provide leadership in automated unit and functional testing (Cucumber, Protractor, Selinium)
- Troubleshoot and debug technical issues in a variety of application environments including post production
- Create/Write processes for adoption across the team
- Identify risk and issues and possible mitigation strategies
- Bachelor's degree (Engineering or IT related degree is preferred).
- Minimum five years' of experience in design, application development, testing and implementation.
- Proficient in:
- Creating functional, nonfunctional, and system solution design artifacts
- Microsoft Technologies
- Web Services
- .Net Framework
- HTML 5
- Experience working with agile and waterfall methodologies
- Ability to work with cross functional teams including virtual teams across multiple time zones
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity and Experience in test driven development writing Jasmine tests.
- Experience with Github, NoteJS, Grunt, Jenkins, SQL and stored procedures
- Experience in working with a Cloud Environment
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top