Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Application developers design, build, test and deploy the application and database code that enables the end users to perform specific web based tasks. Application developers maintain the application and develop enhancements that enable a positive end-user experience. They produce applications to satisfy specified business needs.
The Application Developer develops code for intermediate modules, participates in design reviews, conducts code reviews, creates test plans and participates in testing reviews, and resolves basic to moderate defects. The Consultant designs, documents, reviews, and maintains components of software solutions for basic to intermediate projects.
- Design, build, test and deploy web applications that meet project requirements.
- Obtain data for automation from standard resources
- Partners closely with business analyst, Sr. developers, and manager on all projects
- As necessary, provides documentation outlining application overview and process flow.
- Evaluate detailed business, functional, and mid-level technical requirements including recovery, security, and compliance.
- Recognize and understand the use of design patterns at a basic to intermediate level.
- Identify support issues and initiate action to resolve them.
- Provide technical assistance relating to developed applications.
- Create logical data modeling for basic to intermediate application database requirements.
- Convert logical models into physical data models for basic application databases.
- Implement basic to intermediate queries, scripts and database jobs.
- Ensure acceptable use of system resources and application performance.
- Perform database management with Sr. developer oversight
- Education: Certification, Associates or Bachelors degree in Computer Science, MIS, and/or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 1-2 Years of Experience or Recent University or College Degree
- Knowledge and experience with SQL server
- Knowledge and experience in C# and/or VB.NET
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top