App Security Engineer - Intern (Tempe, AZ)
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Application Security Engineer Intern assists in integrating security into the development of Allstate's applications. You will work closely with the product and software development team to threat model, vulnerability scan, and pen test the early software, system, and network architecture and identify required control points in the application stack. You will also work closely with developers to diagnose, document, and remediate application security vulnerabilities.
Primary duties will include the following:
- Work closely with application development and platform teams to implement software security that is tailored to the specific risks facing the organization, including threat modeling and applications security advisement services.
- Assist in conducting application security assessments / penetration tests and implement tools for dynamic/automated code reviews
- Work with development teams to help instruct them in secure application development and provide guidance on the development of web-based training for ongoing awareness.
- Assist in conducting code reviews and penetration testing
- Develop and maintain unit and integration tests designed to ensure security controls are tested on every build
- Pursuing a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical field
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of the OWASP Top 10
- Must have an understanding of agile and software development practices
- Academic experience in application development
- Proficient in at least one development languages such as Java, Groovy, Ruby.
- Strong self-starter who has the ability to operate independently.
- Oral/written presentation skills
- Understanding and Passion for learning about Agile/XP/Scrum/Kanban methodologies
- Understanding of Test Driven Development built on User Stories
- Understanding of Continuous Integration/Testing/Delivery
- Basic familiarity with Metasploit, Burp Suite, Fuzzing, Gaunlt, and Jenkins is preferred
- Target Start Date May/June 2018
Work Life at Allstate
At Allstate, we inspire a working culture that encourages teamwork and collaboration. With the flexibility in work schedules, we value work life balance. We thrive on developing our employee's professional growth with the different opportunities to rotate into and learn new things, along with new technology.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top