Apigee Platform Engineer
- Belfast, United Kingdom
At Allstate Northern Ireland, we believe it's more than just a job. We believe in allowing our people to choose the direction of their careers. It's about you, your future and where you want to get to.
Opportunity is the hallmark of the Allstate career experience. We invest heavily in our employees, offering long term career development, personal growth and investment in new technologies. Every day is different, with new ideas, challenges, and rewards - no matter which team you join.
We believe that inclusive diversity is crucial to creating a culture of mutual respect where the strengths and talents of each individual are recognised. We like to leave things better than we found them and deliver results. We do all of this while having fun and exploring personal passions.
Join our team and you'll find challenge and reward in a culture of innovation, support and balance.
Your role in the team
The Service Gateway team are a technical engineering team building and maintaining the Allstate Apigee API Gateway solutions.
Do you want to make a difference and work in a high performing team? If the answer is yes, then this is the opportunity for you.
Allstate Infrastructure Services, (AIS), are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Systems Engineer to lead initiatives on the Enterprise API Service Gateway team.
They will be responsible for the implementation of new Apigee API Gateway solutions on the Allstate internal/on premise cloud and help maintain and support the existing CA API Gateway platform
- Build, maintain and support the Apigee infrastructure.
- Maintain and support the existing CA API Gateway infrastructure.
- Help troubleshoot and resolve Production issues related to the Apigee platform and the CA API Gateway.
- Lead root cause analysis investigations to prevent Production issues from reoccurring.
- Help establish the Platform as a Service, (PAAS), model.
- Automate manual tasks to achieve the goal of establishing a Platform as a Service.
- Engage in client consultation sessions to resolve any issues they may encounter during onboarding to Apigee or the CA API Gateway.
- Plan and co-ordinate DR, (Disaster Recovery), exercises to ensure that the team are fully prepared in the event of a catastrophe.
- Assist with capacity planning and management activities to ensure that the Apigee platform is well positioned to handle future growth.
- Ensure documentation is created and maintained for Apigee and/or CA Gateway related work.
- Build relationships with the client application teams to understand their business needs and requirements. Coach them on platform efficiency.
- Mentor junior colleagues to further their Apigee skills and knowledge.
So, what is the essential criteria to apply?
- Must be a UK/RoI/EU citizen or possess a current UK visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment. EU candidates must also demonstrate they are eligible to take up UK employment post-Brexit.
- 4+ years' experience in a similar role
- 2 years of experience supporting Apigee as a platform
- 2 Years of experience with Ansible
We also have some desirable criteria
- Experience implementing Platform as a Service (PAAS)
- Basic knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Basic understanding of Cassandra and Zookeeper
- Knowledge of systems and networking - TCP and IP, Switching, Routing, Firewalls, Load Balancing
- Development experience using Apigee Edge
- Experience with Groovy scripts
- Basic understanding of Python scripts
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with offshore teams
- On Call rotation is a requirement of this role, (approx 1 week in every 6).
What we offer
As Digital DNA's Workplace of the Year 2020 winners, we offer a generous benefits package that includes flexible annual leave entitlement, dental and healthcare insurance, an attractive pension package and discounts on gym memberships, public transport and parking.
Allstate invests heavily in your development, as an employee you will have access to multiple world-class learning platforms and courses from our award-winning in-house Learning & Development team.
We pride ourselves in providing clear career paths and opportunities for internal mobility allowing you to further develop within the organisation.
We encourage a better work life balance and you'll have the opportunity to apply for various flexible working arrangements.
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. However, as women are currently under-represented in our workforce, we would particularly welcome applications from women. All appointments will be made on merit.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Tuesday 3rd November 2020
Back to top