Angular or Node.js Developer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The WebSphere Engineer with minimum supervision will assist in providing a stable, predictable, and scalable environment for the delivery of computing solutions for the Allstate Insurance Company.
This role includes providing technical stewardship of enterprise WebSphere environments, support, problem determination, change management, release management, performance analysis, environment design and operation of large, complex Portal solutions leveraging IBM's WebSphere Portal running on IBM's WebSphere J2EE platform and non-Java alternative platforms. This person will participate in communicating with a wide range of business clients, applications, architectural, and systems personnel. The engineer will participate in ensuring conformance to established system methods, regulations, standards and practices. Also, engage in long range planning and ensure control of large, WAS and Portal solutions.
Ensure effective implementation of application code through patterns and practices aimed at ensuring efficient and highly available production applications. With supervision, design and develop techniques for effective engineering design, implementation and continual release management disciplines around the operational use of portal at Allstate - measured by availability of the environment.
- General knowledge in administering and installing IBM WebSphere Application Server, IBM WebSphere Portal Server and Liberty Profile (Intermediate)
- Experience with the Red Hat Linux and Windows OS ( Intermediate)
- Hands on experience with LDAP, SSL, ISAM/TAM E-business, and JVM Monitoring tools (DynaTrace (Beginner)
- Working knowledge of implementing cloud solutions using Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure Cloud systems, IBM PureApp Systems and Pivotal Cloud Foundry (Beginner).
- Understanding of backend database solutions (Oracle, MongoDB) (Intermediate)
- Basic understanding of Integration Technologies and Techniques - JMS, Web Services ( Intermediate)
- Experience using DevOps for Continuous Integration and Delivery (Beginner).
- Understanding of IBM's Master Data Management (MDM) (Beginner)
- Expressed drive for creativity and innovation; technical awareness and leadership potential. Willingness and aptitude to learn new skills in a rapidly changing environment. ( Intermediate )
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation), organizational and collaboration skills.
- Basic knowledge and development of diagrams and methodologies using Microsoft Visio and PowerPoint applications.
- Project management skills. Demonstrated ability to apply new technology Agile concepts to a real working environment.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top