Analytic Culture Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Data, Discovery, and Decision Science (D3) is the research and analytics organization at Allstate. We are solving some of today's most complicated analytics problems, making the lives of our of Allstate colleagues easier and more productive, and driving our mission to deliver perfect insurance solutions to our customers. We are avid about learning and applying new tools and techniques to get the most value from our massive data resources.
The Analytic Culture Consultant II will support a multi-faceted program designed to cultivate an analytics culture within D3 and across the organization. This work is critical to promoting Allstate's understanding, use, and innovation in data and analytics, and is foundational in creating a culture that appreciates and values the ways data and analytics can transform our businesses and industry. We're looking for a creative, collaborative, big-picture thinker to help develop and run a program that makes learning and sharing knowledge easy and connects people across D3, Allstate, and the industry.
The D3 department is a growing team with over 250 individuals including data scientists and engineers along with additional data, analytics, and strategy-focused roles. D3 provides support for areas across the enterprise through enabling analytic capabilities, and the creation of models is a key aspect of this strategy.
- Guide Our Transformation: Drive D3's strategy and capabilities by supporting various culture workstreams, including:
- Communities of Practice – Our network of communities that aim to foster and facilitate analytic thinking and decision making through social learning, collaboration, and knowledge transfer.
- Conferences and Events – The numerous events, workshops, and celebrations we host to network, learn, and share across the enterprise and the industry.
- Knowledge Management – The means by which we retain and share knowledge (best practices, tools and templates, self-service offerings) in a centralized portal that promotes consistent, efficient, and transparent implementation of data and analytics across the enterprise.
- Create Strong Relationships: Work with stakeholders within D3's horizontal teams, vertical teams, and business partners to understand user needs and develop coordinated solutions. Be a driving force in unifying disparate teams and work to create cultural consistency.
- Influence Others: Champion our work and inspire others to get engaged through collaboration, strong communication, and creative solutions. Continually look for opportunities to strengthen and expand our analytic footprint.
- Education: Business or technical Bachelor's degree
- Experience: Experience in communication, change management, and program management. Familiarity with insurance operations and/or with data and analytics a plus.
- Flexibility: Comfortable performing in an ever-changing, dynamic and ambiguous business environment; Open to working on various projects with internal and external stakeholders; Ability to revise tactics to support changing strategies and direction; Capable of managing multiple priorities and due dates simultaneously
- Creativity: Think innovatively to find solutions to improve existing business processes and create new processes; Find unique solutions to unique problems
- Communications: Employ effective communication, including the ability to transmit, receive and accurately interpret ideas, information and needs; Possess excellent presentation skills; Be able to dynamically (persuasively) present ideas to others
- Problem Solving and Decision Making: Apply critical thinking to solve varied and nebulous problems; Ability to synthesize information into meaningful conclusions and recommendations; Listen to and respond to the needs of key stakeholders and business partners
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top