ALR Distribution- Broker/Dealer Operations- Senior Education Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
The ALR Distribution, BD Ops Education job family is responsible for ALR Distribution regulatory education in partnership with Field Sales Leadership. This includes influencing compliant education via training, communications, recruiting and product education.
To perform and coordinate research in the analysis and development of ALR Distribution education programs pertaining to broker-dealer operations and PFR sales and servicing processes and BD projects and programs. These projects could be associated with training, securities sales and/or product training for registered home office employees, Allstate PFR's and/or Field Sales Leader's. Develops an understanding of the specific channel /area of responsibility and monitors, tracks and coordinates the implementation of education initiatives enterprise wide.
Program Management Support
- Contributes to ALR Distribution education expansion by recommending routine changes to programs and providing expertise in their respective discipline (s)
- Determines the integration and delivery of planned changes/projects
- Understands and makes observations on ALR Distribution specific education implications of business strategies
- Coordination efforts with outside AOR's
- Plans, implements, manages, delivers and/or contributes on ALR Distribution education including projects, programs, and processes for registered home office employees, Allstate PFR's and Field Sales Leaders
- Coordination with BD Compliance Team on monitoring regulatory and compliance updates and evaluation for implementation into education projects and programs
- Uses accepted project management standards on projects that are up to moderate complexity and are small to moderately scaled
- Forecasts short-term and long-term deliverables
- Assists in the formulation of strategies to achieve plan objectives
- Tracks plan performance
- Communicates and presents project information
- Ensures project controls are in place throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Assists in determining where additional resources/ expertise may be necessary to successfully complete projects/ assignments
- Provides feedback on project team member(s)
- Secures approvals and monitors program, policy, and procedure progress
- Actively builds strong relationships among teams and team members to ensure cooperation on project objectives
- Evaluates current results, identifies variances to planned performance, analyzes causes of variance and recommends action through tracking expense plan performance
- Actively manages all project related expenses
- Analyzes statistical data as it relates to basic programs, projects and processes of moderate complexity; provides action alternatives for improvement as appropriate
Program and Process Design/Improvement
- Supports and/or leads the development/design of new plans, programs & processes up to moderate complexity
- Develops communication strategies and materials to support new plans, programs & processes
- Solicits inputs from key stakeholders
- Evaluates procedures and processes regularly and determines/ recommends alternatives or improvements
- Ensures processes are followed and applied consistently throughout a team
- Adheres to internal and external compliance requirements/standards
- Four year college degree preferred
- FINRA Series 6 required or the ability to acquire in the timeframe set forth by the Allstate Broker Dealer
- One year of project management experience required
- One year of related training or sales experience preferred
- Excellent computer skills required (Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Word.)
- Must be able to learn new/advanced technology solutions
- Experience with learning management systems preferred (Successfactors, Blackboard, etc.)
- Excellent organization skills, analytical skills and time management skills
- Ability to work in a team-centered environment
- Ability to organize and self-manage time
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to adapt communication techniques for audiences at multiple internal levels
- Ability to work with highly complex and detailed information
- Expanded knowledge of Allstate Life & Retirement structure and financial processes, including products, sales and operations is a plus
- Travel may be required
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top