Allstate Sales Leader - Chicago
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Benefit Sales build relationships with Agents and Brokers across the country and support them, which contributes to premium growth for Allstate Benefits (AB) in the voluntary market.
The Allstate Sales Leader is responsible for achieving the sales plan for assigned products or product lines within his/her assigned region. He/she develops and maintains a high level of production through the execution of a detailed business plan including training, motivating, and developing successful working relationships with regional field sales leaders and producers.
- Promotes the Allstate Benefit product lines through office visits, product and sales training seminars, participation in and leadership of public seminars and joint sales calls. Drives Allstate Benefit product sales within assigned region.
- Responsible for keeping producers informed of Allstate Benefits' products, processes, compensation and service options.
- Accountable for execution of national marketing initiatives as they relate to his/her assigned products.
- Responsible for working with and taking direction from the Regional Financial Sales Leader ("RFSL") or other regional field sales leadership as assigned by the region.
- Identifies and develops top producers, with the guidance of the RFSL or other regional field sales leadership appointed by the region.
- Responsible for developing an in-depth knowledge of the producers and sales opportunities within the market and for focusing his/her efforts on those with the highest potential for deepening customer relationships with Allstate Benefits.
- Responsible for overseeing the activities of independent benefit specialist organizations to ensure compliance with the rules of engagement established for working with producers in the Allstate agency channel
- Opens and closes new business opportunities involving Allstate Benefit products to producers and customers.
- Assists in the development of producer business plans at the agency level, trains producers, participates in prospecting activities, and conducts point of sale work.
- Oversees benefit specialist organizations to maintain appropriate levels of service and reduce opportunity for channel conflict.
- Maintains appropriate reports and tracking mechanisms to identify "pipeline" opportunities for AB Regional Benefits Leader.
- Helps producers identify ways to attract and retain new and existing customers.
- Develops new business opportunities and sales growth by initiating and maintaining strong producer relationships.
- Conducts product and sales training through individual and group training sessions, seminars, workshops and meetings.
- Identifies customer needs and available resources to support planned sales activity.
- Must develop and adhere to the regional AB Field Leader budget.
- Develops and shares proactive sales techniques with other AB Field Leaders that lead to increased revenue through effective territory management.
- Develops and implements marketing and sales support initiatives to support and maximize sales efforts.
- Assists Allstate Benefit Marketing and Product in launching new products.
- Leads special projects contributing directly to sales efforts in such areas as product development, marketing, and compensation.
- Expected to maintain knowledge of existing Allstate Benefit products, new or enhanced Allstate Benefit products, software applications and new and existing Allstate marketing campaigns.
- At least 5 years sales experience and proven track record of selling voluntary benefits products or similar financial products and a proven ability to grow a territory as measured by sales and persistency of business.
- Advanced degrees or professional designations such as CEBS, ChFC, CLU, a plus.
4 year college degree, equivalent field experience may substitute for degree.
- Mastery of market makeup - Understanding and controlling complex markets with highest potential.
- Mastery of all Allstate Benefits core product sets available in market.
- Familiarity with financial services products
- Possesses thorough knowledge of sales and marketing principles and practices.
- Mastery of industry technology, including software applications, e-mail and database management from remote locations.
- Familiarity with industry including competitors and trends (i.e., knows what it takes to be successful in the voluntary benefits services industry through knowledge of the industry's history, customers, and competitive environment)
- Self-starter and must be able to work independently -
- Superior interpersonal skills - Can quickly develop relationships and inspire trust.
- Consultative skills - Includes the ability to clarify expectations of customers and partners, ability to probe for underlying concerns, ability to identify various dimensions of issues, ability to deal with resistance and ability to ask and give feedback to customers and partners.
- Exceptional communication skills - Includes business writing, negotiation, motivation and relationship management.
- Superior presentation skills, both in creation and delivery, to current and prospective customers
- Problem solving - Uses seasoned judgment by applying broad knowledge and experience when addressing complex issues.
- Team building - Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit, defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team; etc.
- Ability to track pipeline opportunities and maintain metrics for reporting to AB Regional Benefits Leader
- Ability to read and interpret agency sales reports and books of business to assist in the development of agency level business plans.
- Ability to negotiate and influence others.
- Ability to persuade others or gain acceptance of complex ideas where difficult but necessary to achieve goals and objectives.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top