Allstate Business Insurance - Product Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
ATSV Allstate Business Insurance (ABI) Product Manager ensures that the right business opportunities are identified, and product is scoped, tested and delivered with quality. The Product Manager will source, engage and create efficient onboarding processes and materials. They will interface and liaise between the technical organization, the product delivery team, the vendor, and the testing team to create an interactive knowledge exchange for the delivery of the product and to ensure all voices are heard and delivery coordination is efficient.
The responsibility of the ATSV ABI Product Manager is to be the Subject Matter Expert for both the Property and Auto Lines of Business. They will ensure development is based on proper business requirements, testing is completed in both the test and production environments and the product is delivered with quality. They will be responsible for working on Corrective Action as a result of system defects as well as determining impact of post-production defects. Success in this role comes from general business experience, analyst experience and top communication skills.
- Work with Product Managers to understand roadmap and future features desired for implementation by the product delivery team
- Advise 'Program' and 'Product Managers' as to existing/possible technical capabilities or constraints as it related to implementation of change.
- Participate and/or coordinate required testing/validation of system enhancements and fixes, creating and/or executing the test cases including problem determination and resolution.
- Coach and mentor members of the team as well as members of the cross-functional development organization
- Become the Subject Matter Expert for both the Property and Auto Lines of Business for Allstate Business Insurance.
- Work with the Delivery Team and Vendor to ensure defects related to Corrected Action are given attention and impact assessed.
- Validate business rates, rules and general functionality of system post release.
- Open Defects as they relate to post-production testing;
- 5+ years relevant experience; minimum of 1+ years of product development
- Strong experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate to various functional roles within ABI with proven experience driving decision making
- Strong collaborative skills to lead and collaborate across boundaries to implement decisions and / or initiatives in an integrated manner
- Passion to be a domain expert and an ability to identify possibilities that innovate in our products
- Ability to be self-directed and to proactively anticipate problems and seek / create opportunities
- Understanding of and some experience in Agile
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, marketing or related business degree
- Strong working knowledge of Allstate products
- Strong working knowledge of Allstate objectives, performance, structure, policies and procedures
- Ability to think strategically, conceptually, analytically and creatively
- Ability to analyze and interpret concepts; Ability to solve problems
- Ability to measure, evaluate, and act on results, both financial and operational
- Ability to establish, manage and leverage relationships with internal and external partners
- Strong initiative management and organizational skills
- Advanced time management skills including ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and organize
- Demonstrated clear, concise and effective oral and written communication skills combined with the ability to influence others
- Experience in product management or product development business or a willingness to invest in intense learning
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top