Agile XP Engineer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate is looking for software engineers to lead Agile XP development teams in building digital products to support the Agency Relationship Platform.
You will develop code all day, every day, on a full stack cloud platform leveraging test-driven development and continuous integration/delivery.
Your will work in a highly structured, paired programming environment to enable learning and maximize productivity.
This is a tremendous opportunity to lead the creation of next-generation technologies, capabilities, and products to set us apart from the competition.
You love to code and you are willing to fail fast and iterate to success.
You’re ready to judge your success by the success of your team and the happiness of customers.
You play well with others and have well developed communication skills. This is a paired programming environment so you have to be ready to be part of a team.
You have experience and/or interest in Test Driven Development and Agile methodologies
You have a clear understanding of cloud services, deployment models and distributed systems.
- 5 years of hands on software development experience in an Agile environment using Test Driven Development (TDD)
- 5 years of hands on front end experience (HTML5, CSS3, Less…) developing responsive designed applications (mobile first mentality)
- Hands on experience with automated testing frameworks such as Jest, Jasmine and Selenium
- Hands on experience with Spring Boot Frameworks
- Cloud computing (Cloud Foundry, Azure or AWS)
- Continuous integration and deployment such as Jenkins, Concourse CI and/or Gradle
- Source Control Management (preferably Git/GitHub)
- Hands on experience developing/consuming Web Services (REST, SOAP, JSON), ETL jobs and APIs (Service-oriented architectures)
- Hands on experience designing applications-in many iterations you will not receive a full spec and will need to feel comfortable thinking things through, filling in the blanks and iterating across sprints as we receive feedback from customer interactions.
- Hands on experience with Internet of Things is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top