Agile Software Developer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate is looking for top software engineers to help build next generation tooling for driving agile software development. Software developers work in a paired environment that is highly structured. We develop code all day, every day. We are highly focused on test driven development and continuous delivery. Our mission is to bring best in class tools to our develops, allowing them to quickly bootstrap new products and easily manage them on an ongoing basis.We will be building systems to automate and orchestrate across version control systems, continuous integration servers, monitoring tools, collaboration tools, and documentation tools.
Desired Skills (Must have 1 year of experience)
- Operations or Systems Administration experience, particularly on UNIX. You are able to automate system administration tasks with solid and reusable shell scripts.
- Experience and/or interest in Test Driven Development (TDD) and agile methodologies.
- Passion for large distributed systems, source code control management, and build management.
- You judge your success by the success of your team and the happiness of your customers.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language, preferably more. You will be pairing with developers and need to be able to understand code well enough to ask good questions.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Clear understanding of cloud services and deployment models.
- Familiarity with IT Operations and configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top