Agent Channel National Sales Leader - Allstate Dealer Services
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Supports the profitable growth and success of Allstate Dealer Services premium and market share in targeted markets and consumer segments. Achieves desired business results by developing, leading, managing and implementing effective strategies, processes and programs in the Independent Agent (IA) channel.
Draws on broad functional and leadership expertise to lead an organization of the IA channel sales. Acquire new business, grow and maintain current business for related product markets while meeting growth and profitability objectives established by the company. Makes strategic decisions to optimize the deployment of the IA footprint.
IA Sales Channel:
Determines sales strategy for all product offerings that will drive greatest revenue and profitability for the IA Channel. Includes leading a team that identifies, prospects, negotiates and closes agreements with new channel partners within targeted markets. Translates strategic business plan into clear objectives, tactics, and specific action plans to achieve annual production/revenue goals; sales process milestone progression; product/channel penetration.
• Maintain, monitor and communicate sales reports to ensure achievement of IA Channel growth goals
• Coordinate Agent Advisory Committee (AAC) Sales & Product committee meetings on a regular basis to establish product priorities
• Facilitates the implementation and governance of deployment based independent agency growth incentive programs.
• Accountable for controlling costs and adherence to organizational guidelines.
• Partners with Regional Sales Managers to create agency candidate pipeline
Manage Human Resources
• Directs and is responsible for work that needs to be performed by his or her functions
• Responsible for meeting all Performance Management practices for team(s) and/or a department
• Ensures adherence to company's mgmt. practices and processes
• Ensures execution of performance mgmt. and development plans for all direct reports
• Responsible for succession planning and talent development
• Coaches, mentors and influences others to accomplish departmental goals
• Anticipates and drives changes to work processes to support changing business tactics
• Interprets broad goals and objectives into departmental priorities and activities
• Actively develops bench strength for a department
• Promotes, fosters and influences actions, careers, environment of employees
• Builds vision for department and enrolls others in that vision
• Strategically builds and fosters relationships across functions
• Sets strategic and operational parameters for collaborative efforts/teams with and across functional boundaries
• Presents business cases and influences others to take recommended actions
• Sponsors and/or provides stewardship on initiatives
• Achieves results on initiatives that contribute to growth and profit goals
• Takes risks and generates alternative ideas
• Converts thinking of others or gains acceptance of complex ideas or new methodologies
• Leads an organization to address efforts to diverse and complex situations to determine solutions, alternatives or guidance
• Reports to National Sales Director
• Minimum of a BA, MBA Preferred
• At least 10 years sales and client relationship experience in comparable industries, with 7+ years in a senior management position
• Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels
• Ability to design and establish financial goals and measures
• Experience with IA sales, setting a sales process and managing to financial objectives
• Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills
• Motivate and has lead a high performance team; Inspire a positive team environment and motivate others to achieve better than expected results
• Ability to manage through ambiguity, prioritizes multiple projects to meet business partner needs
• Ability to establish workflow, delegate responsibility, and allocate human capital to accomplish organizational objectives
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top