Advanced Financial Sales Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Advanced Financial Sales Consultant (AFSC) works closely with Field Leaders and Financial Services Representatives to deliver our Customer Value Proposition to targeted customer segments of the business. Through case consultations, the AFSC works with our financial services producers to optimize single/packaged solution recommendations that address customer financial services needs & deepen relationships. The AFSC is responsible for generating a high level of production in their assigned regions through improved prospecting, solution recommendations, case consultation & closure of sales opportunities. AFSCs are also responsible for the producer's development in the areas of consultative selling, advanced sales & the selling to the business owner market.
- Develop new business opportunities & sales growth
- Increase financial services sales through consultative sales approach
- Assist producers with understanding customer segments and prospect booking. Assist with product recommendations, creation of customer solutions presentations, and client meetings as needed
- Support advanced sales case requests. Improve close rates. Providing case consultation where needed to drive higher production
- Present and administer Growth Strategy curriculum & set goals with local leadership on how to achieve increased productivity of participants
- Present Allstate Business Planning Institute program working with local leaders to successfully certify participants. Train & educate targeted group of producers
- Work with Allstate Certified Business Planners® to set goals & approach to successfully reach business owner market
- Achieve regional recertification goal and related sales results
- Gain alignment on regional strategy & business plans to reach targeted customer segments (including Business Owner Market)
- Work with 3rd Party Advanced Sales resources to optimize support to agency channel & Exclusive Financial Specialist group
- Heavy regional travel will be required
- 7 years field sales experience in financial products (personal production, advanced sales, wholesaling) with a proven ability to generate business
- Series 6 or 7, 63 & Life and Health Insurance License required. Advanced degrees or professional designations CFP, ChFC, CLU, JD, CPA preferred. Bachelor degree required.
- Knowledge of Advanced Sales market (retirement Q/NQ plans, estate plans, business planning, tax code, etc.)
- Financial services product knowledge (Life Insurance, Annuities, Securities, DI, LTC)
- Strong knowledge of protection, accumulation, distribution & asset transfer strategies
- Knowledge in FINRA, SEC, Broker/Dealer compliance requirements
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with excellent presentation/ facilitation skills
- Experience in consultative selling, negotiation & influencing skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top