Advanced Analytics Product Owner
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Data, Discovery & Decision Science Team is looking for a talented Product Owner to deliver on Allstate’s enterprise data and analytics capabilities that support our ongoing transformation into a data-driven organization. This role will be responsible for driving collaboration between business AOR’s and technology and advancing decision making across the company in alignment with the Enterprise Data Strategy.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for and proven experience with big data, analytics and infrastructure. This role will be critical in leading execution and day-to-day activities related to building innovative software products, partnering with an agile team to deliver product vision from inception to delivery and providing product support. You will partner with some of the brightest minds in agency distribution, data analytics, qualitative research and analytics, architecture, and engineering.
- Manages and leads an Enterprise Data Strategy work streams to strategically enable the right data to conduct analysis, inform decisions and deliver result (Analytic Ecosystem)
- Responsibilities within this work stream includes:
- Defines the strategy, oversees and manages integrated, multi-track projects and/or programs in developing high quality deliverables, performance expectations, risk mitigation, and process development
- Leads strategy and drives communication throughout the enterprise to elevate the organizations’ commitment to clean, reliable, and accurate data
- Provides guidance on technical concepts to business implications/capabilities to drive alignment and decision making
- Leverages input from managers and/or team to provide direction and guidance to program resources (budget, staffing, etc), contributing to program execution
- Drives collaboration between AOR’s to ensure alignment and successful execution
- Providing prioritization oversight and thought leadership for the team
- Directs and is responsible for influencing the work within their team/direct reports and also across the team
- 10+ years of experience in a data and/or analytic related function
- Expert ability to persuasively advocate a position and build momentum for change and action
- Advanced ability to manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines; comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment; manage both internal and external resources
- Ability to work with broad parameters in complex situations
- Ability to develop and/or revise tactics to support changing business strategies and direction
- Strong collaborative skills to lead and collaborate across boundaries to implement decisions and/or initiatives in an integrated manner
- Strong technical and business acumen and experience working in an agile methodology
- Advanced understanding of enterprise business units
- Advanced oral and written communication skills; ability to facilitate (instruct, lead) and deliver formal presentations and demos to stakeholders
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to lead, coach, and develop staff, particularly in the areas of strategy and leadership
- Ability to inspire trust and influence management
- Experience of managing multiple projects simultaneously
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top