Advanced Analytics Financial Analyst
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®. - Where good people build rewarding careers.
We'll help you make an impact through meaningful work. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Not only are we a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we offer a competitive salary with extensive benefits including:
- Ample opportunity for career movement across the enterprise
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible schedules with work/life balance
- Generous paid time off
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
This list is only the beginning. Find out what else Allstate has to offer!
This position uses routine data analytic methods to provide financial insights to leadership that enable Allstate to generate profitable market share growth. This role will lead small projects.
- Provide insightful, actionable analysis using knowledge of insurance and finance issues, understanding how to access and apply available data relevant to the issue, and having the ability and dedication to master software that requires training but not an advanced knowledge of statistics
- Utilize a variety of basic tools and languages to achieve results (e.g. SAS, R, Tableau, SQL, Cloudera Hadoop), and identify additional languages and tools that can bring efficiencies or needed techniques to the team
- Use technical knowledge to create and manipulate data sets that enable both the team and the Finance community to explore, understand, and analyze the data
- Understand the financial drivers of business results and use large datasets to investigate and answer business questions
- Communicate complex ideas and findings clearly and concisely
- Collaborate with team members to improve the effectiveness of business decisions and work with moderate oversight
- Contribute to a wide variety of projects
- Innovates on projects by using new techniques and tools
- Degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, economics, finance
- Master's degree in quantitative field and experience in predictive modeling is preferred
- Experience in managing and manipulating moderately-complex datasets
- Basic working knowledge of SQL and statistical software such as SAS or R
- Experience using visualization tools such as Tableau
- Basic knowledge of programming languages such as Python
- Demonstrated analytic agility and intellectual curiosity
- Ability to analyze and interpret routine professional concepts
- Ability to provide written and oral interpretation of specialized terms and data
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top