Administrative Sr. Associate
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Provide varied administrative support to multiple managers and staff by applying in-depth knowledge of department policy and organization
- Advanced communication skills are required to initiate oral and written response to inquiries regarding routine situations
- Ability to prioritize work and organize own time
- Ability to complete a professional document utilizing basic grammar, spelling, and format skills
- Knowledge of major department/business unit functions
- Ability to prepare presentations independently
- Advanced knowledge of required software applications
- Identify, initiate, recommend, and implement corrective action within workgroup
- Identify and recommend opportunities for improvement beyond workgroup
- Handle multiple demands on an on-going basis including difficult situations
- Assimilate, gather, and summarize detailed information for a response/decision
- Ability to train and lead routine work processes
- High level of contacts and exposure to sensitive information requiring the use of tact and judgment
- Capable of independent judgment when solving problems on own
- Work under general direction
- Approximately 3-5 years administrative/general office support experience required. Strongly prefer directly related office experience that includes utilization of online tools, and working in a non-routine environment, supporting a team
- Administrative support required for the role:
- PowerPoint Presentation design
- Order office Supplies
- SharePoint Owner
- Intake Backup
- HR Knowledge Base Update
- Assist with Minor Technical issues
- HR File room owner
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel; PowerPoint knowledge a plus; ability to navigate and research via the Internet and Intranet
- This covers metrics: Creating reports using pivot tables and formulas in a way that is useful and understandable to your audience. In some instances, being able to merge two different reports using VLookup or Microsoft Access in order to effectively analyze data
- Creating and/or updating job aids and documents in a presentable manner.
- Assist with reformatting PowerPoint presentations that are used for presenting to our clients, LHR, Officers, team meetings.
- Strong organizational and time management skills including the ability to prioritize, and work on multiple tasks in a time sensitive environment
- This covers handling Unemployment being able to read through the termination documents and summarize the content and respond in a timely manner.
- Thrive in a fast paced, non-routine environment; proven ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; proven ability to foster strong partnerships across all levels of the organization, and across functional areas
- This position would work with Equifax on unemployment questions, concerns
- Reports run out of the Case Management Tool and questions or concerns regarding unemployment
- Regular interaction with the CERT team, and other areas across the Enterprise at various levels
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to work well with direction; foster a strong sense of team as well as ability to work independently
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and efficiencies
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top