Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for an Administrative Assistant for our Information Service Group
This position is responsible for all aspects of administrative assistance with day to day responsibility for the team in Irving TX. This includes tasks involving comprehensive and diversified administrative support by applying in-depth knowledge of department policy and organization.
This Administrative Assistant's responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work autonomously to support executive, manage projects, coordinate/improve department processes, and maintain communication with interested parties.
- Provide comprehensive and diversified administrative support to an Officer by applying in-depth knowledge of department policy and organization.
o Coordinate and maintain appointment schedules and calendar. Proactively take responsibility for calendar management utilizing good judgment and initiative.
o Open, sort, review and organize incoming/outgoing mail and correspondence. Independently draft/compose routine letters and general correspondence (including e-mail).
o Prepare complex and confidential letters, technical memorandums and reports for professional and managerial staff review and action.
o Provide complex screening, fielding, prioritizing of inbound communications via telephone, mail, and e-mail to resolve critical issues in a timely manner.
o Prepare and schedule activities such as travel arrangements, internal and external business meetings, client or third-party appointments, conferences and general office events, including scheduling of conference room use and catering needs.
o Design and format reports, forms & correspondences, utilizing the Company's standard and highest possible quality orientation.
o Create, format, type, edit, proof, and finalize polished reports and presentations with great attention to detail using extensive experience with Microsoft Excel, Word (including Mail Merger) and PowerPoint.
- Provide meeting support across a complex global environment.
o Coordinate arrangements for internal/external global meetings, conference calls using advanced/expert skills with collaborative technologies (such as video conferencing, conference calls, SharePoint, WebEx, and new/emerging tools).
o Compile agendas and disseminate materials for meetings and calls.
o Scribe meetings with an understanding of key issues/ideas and maintain notes on various SharePoints as needed.
- Provide general organization support/coordination of key, assigned projects.
o Work on a variety of special projects as needed with multi-tasking as necessary. Ability to take initiative, use good judgment, understand deadlines and carry multiple projects through to completion with an ability to work independently under general direction, prioritize work and ask for further clarification when necessary.
o Oversee/prioritize work of a small team of administrative assistants to ensure integrated administrative support is sustained across organization.
o Work with junior and senior level technical staff, intercompany group leaders and office leaders as well as area and corporate management to make certain their needs are addressed in a timely, professional manner.
o Monitoring expenses for the office with a responsibility to budget adherence; review and coordinate approval of all expenses including processing accounts payable invoices.
- High School education or GED equivalent required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Advanced command of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Advanced command/expertise with all collaborative technologies required (video conferencing, conference calls, SharePoint, WebEx, and ability to quickly master new/emerging tools)
- Excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail and ability to proof one's own work as well as the work of others
- Able to assess work load and re-prioritize as needed, handling multiple task under tight deadlines
- Maintains an advanced degree of confidentiality and sense of urgency
- Ability to work under pressure as well as the ability to deal with interruptions and other unexpected events and make necessary adjustments
- Ability to influence and persuade various internal and external constituents to drive projects to completion
- Ability to interact with all levels of management and staff
- 7-10 years of prior experience supporting a large team or executive
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top