Actuary Manager - Life Product Development
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
This position can be located out of our Northbrook, IL OR Lincoln, NE office
Job Family Summary:
As part of the Allstate Corporation, Allstate Life and Retirement (ALR) serves to create value by improving the loyalty and retention of existing customers through cross-sell of ALR products, by bringing new customers to Allstate, and by accelerating ALR's profit growth. ALR Product Development works closely with many areas of the company in developing new products that meet the needs of our customers. Key stakeholders include Allstate senior management, shareholders, field representatives, government agencies, and customers.
- Allstate is looking for a Life Product Development Actuary with a core responsibility of supporting all aspects of Life Product Development in light of upcoming regulatory changes and actuarial projection software transition. Additional responsibilities will include assignments of leadership and/ or participation in other financial actuarial topics.
- Responsibilities include:
- Product development leadership for product changes related to implementation of the 2017 CSO and Principles Based Reserves
- Provide leadership on functions related to actuarial software platform transition
- Develop rates; maintain, run, and analyze actuarial projections for new products
- Assist with state filing of contracts including contract development, regulatory compliance, and actuarial memos
- Develop, review, and test technology requirements for new products
- Prepare, review, and/or approve documentation for actuarial model projections and product development projects
- Collaborate with other functional business areas to improve efficiency and accuracy of actuarial models
- Ensure appropriate model controls and utilize appropriate peer review and functional review of model data; adhere to established governance processes and guidelines
- Initiate the design and development of project plans including identifying new projects, assigning resources and evaluating cost/ benefit
- Be an engaged contributor in cross functional and senior management discussions
- Aid in actuarial staff training and development
- Role may include managing direct reports
- FSA designation required
- Bachelor's degree in actuarial science or related field
- 7-10 years of relevant experience
- Actuarial projection software experience
- Ability to establish priorities of team and own projects
- Solid interpersonal skills in order to work well in a team environment
- Strong written and communication skills
- Advanced quantitative and analytical skills, with strong detail orientation
- Advanced knowledge of financial analysis
- Strong Microsoft application skills (Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Proven organizational and project management skills, including excellent time management and the ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments
- Ability to manage and motivate staff
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top