Active Directory Engineer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Active Directory group is part of Allstate Information Security department. It is responsible for architecting, managing, supporting and providing improvements to all aspects of Microsoft Active Directory (AD) Technology to insure integrity, and availability of Allstate systems, authentication, authorization and LDAP related services to internal as well external customers.
Major focus of this team is to plan, design and implement AD Life Cycle upgrades, Multiple Domain Consolidation, emerging new tools and techniques so to ensure AD capability is highly available and effective support for the Enterprise.
The scope of this job is an experienced Mid Level Service Engineer: will ensure current and future state Active Directory, LDAP/Auth systems access solutions and infrastructure are supported/ maintained to highest quality standards.
Build, test, and upgrade/ implement highly scalable AD platform; provide consulting services to clients across the Enterprise, with the ability to understand and assimilate complex cross-discipline, and cross-technology concepts and processes.
Mid Level Service Engineer would be responsible to work with the Senior AD resources and partner in evaluating, supporting new technologies as well as handling day to day operations work. Other responsibilities would include consultation and collaboration with architecture, network engineering, messaging, enterprise server and workstation areas.
This resource will also coach/ mentor/ trains the Junior Engineers within the team. Mid Level Service Engineer is responsible to stay abreast of technology developments, research select new techniques that will ensure AD Infrastructure service is highly available and proactively align the information technology goals with strategic goals.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Strong knowledge in managing Active Directory 2008/2003 infrastructure for the Enterprise. Assist Senior AD resource in design, implementation and support of a highly available multi-domain directory.
• Provide 2nd level support and occasionally 1st level for Active Directory for end users, application and administration teams, must be comfortable in addressing Priority 1 level incidents that can arise 24X7 necessitating participation in rapid response calls as well as SWAT Team activities. Troubleshooting and problem management skills are required.
• Participate in security and application troubleshooting and incident problem resolutions with other infrastructure teams, including storage, messaging, and server.
• Work with senior staff members to assess, and review future directory architecture solutions, 3rd party directory management tools and applications and implement life cycle maintenance processes.
• Must have a solid understanding of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) principles, practices and processes in providing and managing the delivery of a large scale, Enterprise-wide service. This includes incident management, problem management, change management, configuration management, and availability/continuity management. The member must have sufficient knowledge and experience to design and establish these processes and practices within a service organization.
• Participate in capacity planning, performance monitoring and maintenance to ensure high availability.
• Coordinate & participate service/support needs with Vendors, Technical Support Engineers, Application Support Engineers, and the Infrastructure Team effectively communicating issues and resolutions
• Work on coordination and deployment of application and infrastructure related changes
• Follow best practices for the supported technology
• Manage change process, support and request queue
• Develop, define and create best practices processes for directory infrastructure
• Able to work weekends, shift and on-call if necessary.
• Deep knowledge and experience in Infrastructure services: DNS,DHCP,WINS,DFS -Microsoft Active Directory/Sun Directory Services/Windows Server 2003/2008 required.
• Experience administering Active Directory in an enterprise class environment with multiple forests.
• Fair level VB scripting and/or Powershell related to managing server infrastructure
• Experience in SCOM/MOM
• Experience with PKI Certificates and SSL
• Experience in ADAM, Virtual LDAP directories, MIIS and user migrations
• Ability to work successfully with others in large and small teams.
• Assertiveness - Ability to troubleshoot incidents until root cause resolutions.
• Strong oral and written communication
• Bachelors in Engineering, Computers Science, or related field, with 5- 10 years of IT experience.
• Technical certifications such as MCP, MSCA, MCSE are a plus.
• ITIL methodology.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top