Accounting Supervisor - Investments External Reporting
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Investments manages approximately $100 Billion of assets. Our goal is to provide sustainable, competitive, risk-adjusted investment returns and investment related services for the benefit of The Allstate Corporation. Investment performance for our portfolios has consistently provided excess returns for our customers, and we attribute that success in large part to the quality of our people. The size of the investment group exceeds 300 individuals across a variety of investment disciplines including, fixed income, equities, private securities, commercial mortgages and derivative asset classes, as well as, finance and technology. We recognize that our employees are our ultimate advantage and we seek to attract and retain highly qualified individuals with strong academic backgrounds, a deep interest in investments and a desire to be challenged.
The Finance Department within Allstate Investments is a strong team and an innovative, energetic organization. For additional information about Allstate Investments visit our website at www.AllstateInvestments.com.
The Investment Finance External Reporting Team is responsible for the reporting and analysis for the investment instruments with a primary focus on GAAP reporting.
In alignment with corporate goals, specific responsibilities for the External Reporting Accounting Supervisor will include:
- Various GAAP month end and quarter-end close responsibilities including posting and/or approving journal entries and account analysis.
- Prepare, review, and analyze various reports for internal and external customers. This includes among other things, the preparation of the Balance Sheet, Trend reports, and monthly investment position reports.
- Prepare and/or review quarterly and year-end GAAP schedules and financial statements that are utilized in the preparation of the 10-K, 10-Q, Investor Supplement and GAAP reports for Allstate subsidiaries and the Company's pension plans. Assist Stat reporting team as needed.
- Assist with the review of the investment information in the MD&A and Footnotes.
- Participate review analysis prior to Allstate's earnings release.
- Assist with leading or coordinating team projects, assignments and team responsibilities.
- Identify process improvements and issues and work with various functional teams to implement and resolve, respectively.
- Supervise staff level employee(s). Provide direction and guidance as needed to accomplish team goals.
- 3+ years of professional accounting or reporting experience, preferably with investments or GAAP reporting focus. Experience in coordinating team processes or leading process improvements a plus.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills, Access, Outlook, Word, SAP or other general ledger applications.
- Accounting/Finance Degree Required
- CPA Candidate strongly preferred
- Works effectively in a team environment and maximizes team effectiveness
- Organizational, problem solving, detail oriented, oral and written communication
- Flexibility to adapt to changing work priorities and assignments. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workloads/demands and work across various departments
- Shows initiative, self-motivated, professional demeanor, and desire to learn.
- Focus on exceptional customer service and drive innovation to create an atmosphere that supports new ideas and initiative.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top