Accounting Operations Analyst
- Charlotte, NC
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Ivantage Accounting Operations team is responsible for various operational processes such as agency and expanded market vendor commissions processing, monthly closing processes, and reporting of consolidated GAAP & Statutory financial results. The team is accountable for ensuring that processes meet the needs of agents and various other internal and external stakeholders, including expanded market vendors. The Accounting Operations Analyst ll conducts regular analyses of all existing accounting processes to determine the accuracy of each entry in the accounting system; as well as, contributes to the planning, development, and implementation of any corrections need. This role shares management of Account Payables and Account Receivables, including the input transactions to the receivable/payable system, writing checks and posting to customer accounts.
- Applies working knowledge of a variety of general accounting support tasks in an accounting department
- Verify the accuracy of outstanding Account Receivables and Account Payables to ensure validity of transactions
- Ensures compliance with all accounting standards and reporting guidelines issued by the FASB, SEC and NAIC.
- Applies working knowledge of analytical and technical tools, such as Excel, Business Intelligence and SAP, to research and answer basic accounting related questions and communicates findings clearly
- Resolves data integrity issues as it relates to investigating questionable data and trends
- Continuously evaluates existing procedures and processes for improvement
- Develops and maintains ongoing partnership within the team and across the department
- College degree required or relative work experience required
- Prior accounting or insurance experience preferred
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well with and effectively with others on a team
- Intellectual curiosity and drive for continuous improvement - personally and with work assignments.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, changing environment
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster click "here". This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click "here". This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
Back to top