Accounting and Reporting, Senior Accountant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Investment Finance Private Asset Team is responsible for producing timely and accurate accounting and reporting of complex investment assets including limited partnerships and real estate to support external filings made by The Allstate Corporation and for internal Management reporting purposes.
The Accounting and Reporting Senior Accountant will:
- Perform the accounting and prepare reporting schedules that support the external filings and internal reporting for the various investments. Examples may include trending and roll forward analyses, supporting accounting and reporting work papers for the monthly close and more complex GAAP, statutory and tax reporting schedules
- Prepare journal entries to support the accounting and reporting of the team for the monthly and quarterly closings
- Prepare reconciliations and analyses; troubleshoot out of balances and perform corrective action
- Assist team Supervisor or Manager in implementing accounting and reporting standards, including the development or refinement of current practices, policies and procedures
- Adhere to internal controls including Sarbanes - Oxley; identify and evaluate modifications to internal controls in light of changing conditions. Make recommendations to the Supervisor or Manager as potential modifications are identified
- Own and be accountable for execution of responsibilities; raise issues with processes timely
- Help coordinate and participate in team projects, assignments and team responsibilities
- Pursue developmental opportunities to advance analysis and reporting skills and enhance knowledge
- Foster a team environment and work collaboratively within the team and across departments; establish a strong customer focus
- 2+ years of professional accounting/reporting experience preferably in the Investment or Financial Services industries
- Accounting/Finance degree required, CPA or MBA candidate preferred
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Problem solving and decision making skills; recommends solutions in a logical and creative manner
- Good organizational and time management skills, ability to meet deadlines
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel, Access and SAP skills
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing circumstances
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top