AB-Enrollment Services-Sr Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
The Enrollment team supports the implementation of our products involving third party technology solutions. The area supports the presentation of products for Customers then processes that data into policies and payroll deduction files. The team supports the closing of the sale as well as implementation of our products on enrollment platforms, the processing of electronic data and the service of perpetual data files throughout the year.
The Enrollment Services business unit will effectively support Customers with product configuration, deployment and service of enrollment technology tools.
The Enrollment Services Sr. Consultant supports operational duties of the Enrollment Services team. Responsibilities include account and product configuration on in-house managed technology, Census maintenance, enrollment scenario testing, end user access protocols, report configuration and delivery. This position interacts with Enrollment Services leadership and also requires customer facing activities. Position would also interface with Enrollment Operations to manage production file delivery and remediation of reported issues. This position would interact with QA and Actuary units to insure proper setup and compliance is adhered to.
This is an experienced technical position on the team that has demonstrated mastery of departmental processes and knowledge of internal/external systems. Additional responsibilities may include training of other team members, assignment to partner specific activities and reporting, and advisement to cross functional team members.
- Senior individual contributor who assists leadership with establishment of process, procedures, service policy and direction within assigned territory.
- Assist leadership with deployment of resources and business volumes based on case level complexity and competency of staff members.
- Support training and mentoring program for department, peers and cross functional teams.
- Identify and suggest process and technology opportunities which will improve the business model, service offering to customers and drive internal efficiencies.
- Operate as SME to cross-functional teams; identify, advise, and document best practice operations
- Participate in implementation conference calls as dictated by case size and needs
- Assist in effective account prioritization within the team to minimize impact of adverse factors
- Configure accounts including SSO, eligibility groupings, and administration
- Configure product specifications in accordance with AB standards
- Configure and import census and existing benefit data
- Configure and schedule production reporting, including EDI
- Troubleshoot and resolve file delivery, processing, and customer technical issues
- Collaborate closely with internal business areas, field sales distribution, implementation, finance, compliance, underwriting, new business, customer service and IT, to effectively recognize and solve case level enrollment strategy issues and corporate initiatives
- Bachelors preferred in related field (Information Technology/ Computer Sciences) or equivalent experience specifically with the Selerix/ BenSel platform within the Voluntary Benefits industry.
- Excellent attention to detail required
- Strong teamwork and communication skills required
- Excellent time management skills required
- 3 to 5 years' experience in case set up for enrollment of employee benefits
- Knowledge and understanding of the voluntary benefit enrollment process
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL, Excel, and J-Script in order to manage data in the enrollment process
- Advanced skills in data testing, auditing, analysis and reporting
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top