Sr. Manager, Fulfillment and Warehouse Operations
- San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, CA | Supply Chain Operations | Reports to Senior Director of Supply Chain Fulfillment & Logistics
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. We’re a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and our headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, we’ve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability aren’t mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. And as a certified B Corp, we’re dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials - designed for life’s everyday adventures.
Where we need help
We are looking for a talented, dynamic and dedicated thought leader to join Allbirds, as we continue to build out our talented Supply Chain team. This individual will oversee the on-going operations of our U.S. Distribution Centers and drive operational excellence. Our Supply Chain continues to evolve, as we introduce new products and expand our channels of distribution. We are looking for a leader that embraces change, challenges the status quo and drives results. This role will require someone that can roll up their sleeves and monitor the day-to-day, yet have the ability to work cross-functionally on strategic initiatives. This role will manage the relationship with our third party partners and influence operational changes that deliver cost efficiencies and productivity improvements. Someone that is engineering process driven and is comfortable analyzing and presenting data to facilitate decisions. This person will work alongside our customer service and retail team to improve the customer experience. The role will also require key cross functional relationships with Technology, Merchandise Planning, Retail Operations, Finance, Legal and Packaging.
What does the job entail?
- Manage our US fulfillment centers (currently 2), provide proactive short-term and long-term logistics solutions for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Analyze and recommend changes to the US DC strategy with the end-goal of improving the customer experience while optimizing for cost, consistency and speed
- Ensure execution of daily processes with attention to detail through tracking, reporting and dashboards - weekly, and monthly data analysis of KPI data to underpin all aspects of DC cost, service and SLA performance.
- Proactively identify and implement opportunities for process improvement (space optimization, facility layout, automation opportunities, etc..) within the distribution center.
- Identify and implement best practices across all facilities; where operational inconsistencies exist between facilities, influence change.
- Scan vendor landscape to identify new strategic partners where necessary; leading vendor selection processes, onboarding / set-up of new logistics partners
- Ability to perform cost/benefit analyses, analyze trends and use data to drive continuous improvement
- Document and map key value stream processes to drive continuous improvement while ensuring our reach to sustainable goals
- Manage and grow a high performing team of analysts
- Drive cross functional projects with technology, packaging, and logistics, with an ability to act in a Project Management leadership role
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in warehouse management, distribution or fulfillment, with a focus on 3rd party vendor management. 2+ years of team management experience is also required.
- Thorough understanding of WMS capabilities, G2P Technology & Solutions, Shipping Systems, and equipment/machinery to improve productivity
- Ability to step out of your comfort zone to execute, influence and drive decisions with 3rd parties.
- You are a phenomenal people manager who wants to grow a high performing team.
- You are excellent at managing relationships and leading negotiations with third party supply chain partners.
- You are skilled at crafting and maintaining a portfolio of reports and dashboards.
- You demonstrate masterful analytical and business skills, which will help you build reports and translate key data to the team and organization.
- You are hungry to learn and love seeking out new problems to analyze in a methodical way.
- You have the inspiration of an architect to structure solutions and the discipline of an engineer to craft and maintain portfolios of reports and dashboards.
- You are self-directed and find resourceful ways to consistently deliver on projects.
- You enjoy working both independently and collaboratively within and outside Allbirds.
- You demonstrate outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- You continuously challenge and re-assess the status-quo, searching for better and more efficient solutions.
- You have low ego and are willing to get your hands dirty for the benefit of the team.
- You are detail-oriented, but are also able to step away to look at the big picture.
More practical skills needed:
- BA/BS or equivalent, preferably with a degree in Industrial Engineering
- Expert in Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Deep analytical, problem solving acumen and a financial mindset
- Previous hands-on experience with warehouse management systems
- Lean Six-Sigma experience a plus
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401k employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness benefits
- Discounted products
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
Back to top