Senior Tax Accountant
San Francisco, CA | Finance | Reports to Controller
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we’re on a mission to prove that comfort, good design and sustainability don’t have to be mutually exclusive. We are dedicated to making the most sustainable footwear we can using premium natural materials, designed for the to and fro of everyday life. Our commitment to making better shoes in a better way is fueled by a belief that the shoe industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. With funding from the leading venture capitalists in consumer products, and the founding CEOs of some of the greatest e-commerce businesses in recent history, our desire to shake up the footwear industry is off to a great start. In fact, TIME already called our first shoe, the Wool Runners, the most comfortable in the world, and there is much more to come.
Where we need help?
You’ll work closely with our Accounting Team and key cross functional business partners. You will be responsible for tax compliance, account reconciliations, system implementations, policy roll-outs, audit, ad-hoc projects and reporting activities. You’ll help us build a strong infrastructure to support growth and scale. You thrive in a start-up environment. Your friends and co-workers describe you as someone who gets it done, and is good natured, analytical, has strong attention to detail and highly curious.
What does the job entail?
- Serve as the internal and external point of contact for all tax related inquiries / analyses
- Prepare month-end tax accruals and reconciliations across all tax accounts
- Proficiency in handling all types of tax work including: planning, registering, preparing, filing, paying etc. international, federal, state, and local income, sales, property, payroll and other tax returns, estimated payments, extensions, supporting work papers, technical research, etc.
- Manage nexus studies and determination of nexus in relevant US and global jurisdictions
- Research newly enacted and proposed legislations and impact on the Company’s financial position
- Lead company tax planning and optimization efforts for existing and future business activities
- Assist with transfer pricing and other intercompany related research, bookings, etc.
- Assist in relevant system implementations and new policy roll-outs
- Assist in annual audits
- Assist in various ad-hoc projects as needed
- Assist with internal control testing and monitoring
- Assist with lending and other compliance reporting and monitoring
What might describe you.
- BA/BS or equivalent
- 4-6 years of tax experience
- Proficiency in tax research
- Knowledge of IFRS and GAAP accounting principles and procedures
- Strong analytical skills, high attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Superior written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
- CPA required
- Experience with SAP a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Gsuite
- Highly motivated and able to thrive under pressure
- You are a great teammate, with a positive attitude, who is enthusiastic and owns accountability
- Shares things we value and vision and is excited by the challenge of working in a dynamic start-up environment
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health insurance
- Fitness benefits
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Paid parental leave
- Free shoes
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
Meet Some of Allbirds's Employees
Dennice is a product designer at Allbirds. She mixes new construction methods with customer research to support the design of the future product pipeline. When she’s not at the office, she's usually riding her old Vespa around hilly San Francisco.
Back to top