Senior Manager, US Fulfillment Operations (US)
- San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, CA | Supply Chain Operations | Reports to Director of Supply Chain Operations
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. We’re a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and our headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, we’ve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability aren’t mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. And as a certified B Corp, we’re dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials - designed for life’s everyday adventures.
Where we need help
Supply chain operations is a very dynamic department at Allbirds, specially as our products, channels and markets grow at a rapid pace. To meet the needs of the business, we are hiring a Senior Manager of Fulfillment to run our US operations and be the key driver of our long term US strategy. This role will manage the relationship with our partners to drive operational excellence in cost, speed and service. They will work with the partner operation team to monitor and optimize efficiency and productivity, and with the Logistics team to meet our customer needs. They will lead internal and external projects that impact any part of the DC network, including from factory to DC, DC to stores, and DC to customers. This role will also create and monitor operational dashboards and reports to manage the day-to-day DC operations activities and costs, while working alongside our customer service and retail team to improve the customer experience. The role will also require key cross functional relationships with Technology, Merchandise Planning, Retail Operations, Finance, Legal and Packaging.
What does the job entail?
- Manage our US fulfillment centers (currently 2) providing proactive short term and long term logistics solutions to internal and external stakeholders.
- Analyze and develop the US DC strategy (costs, service levels, space, transportation partner etc.), and be ultimately responsible for driving strategic cost improvement and operational excellence across the warehousing operations within Allbirds supply chain
- Ensure execution of daily processes with attention to detail through tracking, reporting and dashboards – troubleshoot problem items and track orders with 100% accuracy. Proactively identify and implement opportunities for process improvement
- Provide effective and compelling daily, weekly, and monthly data analysis of KPI data to underpin all aspects of DC cost, service and SLA performance. Use this insight to drive strategic performance improvement
- Scanning vendor landscape to identify new strategic partners where necessary; leading vendor selection processes and the onboarding / set-up of new logistics partners
- Develop efficient operation solutions for DC and transportation projects, perform cost & benefit analyses, and analyze trends.
- Recommend opportunities to drive both strategic and continuous improvement, developing the tools, processes and capabilities across all DC functions and transforming our ways of working.
- Document and value map key processes in the department to drive continuous improvement while ensuring our reach to sustainable goals
- Manage and grow a high performing team of analysts
- Drive cross functional projects with technology, packaging, and logistics, and sometimes own the project management
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in warehouse management, distribution or fulfillment, with a focus on 3rd party vendor management. 2+ years of team management experience also required.
- Ability to step out of your comfort zone to execute, influence and drive decisions with 3rd parties
- You are a phenomenal people manager who wants to grow a high performing team
- You are excellent at managing relationships and leading negotiations with third party supply chain partners
- You are skilled at crafting and maintaining portfolios of reports and dashboards.
- You demonstrate masterful analytical and business skills, which will help you build reports and translate key data to the team and organization.
- You are hungry to learn and love seeking out new problems to analyze in a methodical way.
- You have the inspiration of an architect to structure solutions and the discipline of an engineer to craft and maintain portfolios of reports and dashboards.
- You are self-directed and find resourceful ways to consistently deliver on projects.
- You enjoy working both independently and collaboratively and can collaborate well within and outside Allbirds.
- You demonstrate outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- You continuously challenge and re-assess the status-quo, searching for better and more efficient solutions.
- You have low ego and are willing to get your hands dirty for the benefit of the team
- You are detailed oriented but are also able to step away to look at the big picture
More practical skills needed:
- BA/BS or equivalent, preferably with a degree in Industrial Engineering
- Expert in Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Deep analytical and financial mindset, and problem solving acumen
- Deep experience in project management
- Lean experience a plus
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401k employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness benefits
- Discounted products
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
Back to top