San Francisco, CA | Design Team | Reports to Head of Design
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we’re on a mission to prove that comfort, good design and sustainability don’t have to be mutually exclusive. We are dedicated to making the most sustainable footwear we can using premium natural materials, designed for the to and fro of everyday life. Our commitment to making better shoes in a better way is fueled by a belief that the shoe industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. With funding from the leading venture capitalists in consumer products, and the founding CEOs of some of the greatest e-commerce businesses in recent history, our desire to shake up the footwear industry is off to a great start. In fact, TIME already called our first shoe, the Wool Runners, the most comfortable in the world, and there is much more to come.
Where we need help
We need your help in designing the future of Allbirds! We have lofty goals to change an industry for the better, one shoe at a time, and we need designers to help us do this.
By the way, we believe that designing better doesn’t mean not having fun! We also believe that sometimes the toughest design to achieve is the one that looks the least ‘designed’. At Allbirds we talk about this being ‘just the right amount of nothing’.
What does the job entail?
You will work with our Head of Design to:
- Execute, refine and evolve the Allbirds design philosophy and language.
- Conceptualize and visualize the future of Allbirds’ products
- Instruct design refinements to the wider product development team and our manufacturing partners
What kind of person are we looking for?
- 5+ years industry experience.
- Soft goods knowledge would be helpful.
- Footwear knowledge a bonus but not necessarily essential.
- Not always behind a computer - just as comfortable solving problems through conversations, sketching, making and embedded with manufacturing partners.
- Eager to work in a cross functional team, liaising with materials and sustainability, product development, marketing, etc.
- Deep belief in making better things in a better way.
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health insurance
- Fitness benefits
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Paid parental leave
- Free shoes
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
Back to top