Product Manager, eCommerce
- San Francisco, CA
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. We’re a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and our headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, we’ve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability aren’t mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. And as a certified B Corp, we’re dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials - designed for life’s everyday adventures.
Where we need help
Allbirds is seeking a Product Manager to join our growing digital experience team. We’re looking for an experience-minded, collaborative, forward-thinking creative problem solver to lead our ecommerce team (web) to deliver experiences that positively impact the business and delight our customers. This person will collaborate cross-functionally with internal business partners to execute on roadmap initiatives. They’ll manage all aspects of product development from concept and discovery to launch and will be comfortable taking on many different tasks to deliver their product.
What does the job entail?
- Responsible for delivering a world-class global ecommerce web experience, which inspires new customers and builds loyal and lasting relationships with existing buyers
- Has a pulse on advancements in both commerce and customer relationship building which leads to the identification of opportunities for our brand to grow
- Make contributions to Allbirds digital product beyond the scope of immediate responsibilities, credited for enhancing product culture
- Partner with product strategy, marketing, supply chain, customer service, and technology teams to define and drive successful execution of roadmap initiatives and achievement of our OKR’s
- Think creatively about the best way to solve problems, leveraging all potential tools and teams available. Rigorous and ongoing prioritization
- Manage the end-to-end lifecycle of a product with our UX, Design and Engineering team. Create, maintain and prioritize the product backlog
- Collaborate with design and UX to define principles and values to create a cohesive and inspiring experience across our web and app. Challenge team and provide pointed direction throughout the iterative cycle
- Able to manage several, complex projects/features simultaneously
What kind of person are we looking for?
- 3+ years of experience in product management or minimum of 5 years related experience, with proven delivery of applications and platform products that support a retail business
- Strong consumer intuition with a curiosity about what motivates online behavior
- Executes on multiple projects with high complexity/ambiguity
- Razor-sharp attention to detail and ability to consider end-to-end implications
- An assertive, direct communication style, with the ability to inspire and motivate others across the company. Collaborative, energetic and hands-on team player
- Ability to manage complex builds through thoughtful prioritization and disciplines that drive towards delivery
- Demonstrated success in working with technology product teams – working in collaboration between engineering, analysts, project management and product; shipping products that deliver results
- Strong analytical skills; demonstrated ability to use data to drive decision-making in product development
More practical skills needed:
- BA/BS or equivalent
- Experience with Shopify or another eCommerce platform
- Expert in G-Suite Applications
- Advanced spreadsheet and data management skills
- Experience with Figma, Sketch, Principle or Zeplin
- Experience extracting and analytics data from web analytics tools
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401k employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness benefits
- Discounted products
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
Back to top