- San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, CA | Global Supply Chain Team | Reports to the Associate Director, Sourcing and Ops Strategy
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. We’re a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and our headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, we’ve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability aren’t mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. And as a certified B Corp, we’re dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials - designed for life’s everyday adventures.
Where we need help
Allbirds is in the process of building a world class Operations team to consistently surprise and delight our customers while making a positive impact on the world. As we continue to grow at a rapid pace, we are managing our supply chain efficiently from start to finish and leveraging our operational capabilities to create competitive advantages.
The Operations team plays a critical role in ensuring this occurs. The team currently manages the strategy development and execution of sourcing, procurement, production, planning, transportation and warehousing, and customer support.
Within the Operations team, we are building a Global Sourcing team that will build and manage relationships with factories and materials suppliers, execute factory compliance initiatives, manage and negotiate product costs, forecast materials demand, develop and execute contracts with key factory partners, ensure product is high quality, and drive factory performance improvements. This hire will help to build the foundation for how we partner with our factories, working across many product categories and geographies, with both finished goods factories and their suppliers (all the way back to the sheep farms).
What does the job entail?
- Executing Allbirds social and environmental compliance programs with factory partners
- Building and owning fiber, yarn, fabric, and other component cost databases
- Creating raw materials forecasts and communicating with suppliers to reserve capacity
- Owning cost analytics and negotiations with a variety of factories and suppliers
- Building and implementing factory evaluation and continuous improvement processes
- Integrating factory selection, compliance, and costing into broader go-to-market process
- Meeting with and/or visiting major footwear and garment factories and materials/components partners
- Supporting development of long-term sourcing strategy and sourcing analytics
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Passionate about sustainability and making Better Things in a Better Way
- Low ego and high horsepower. You are constantly seeking process improvement opportunities, both for Allbirds and for your own development
- Perpetually curious, always seeking to improve your understanding of Allbirds' business and identify new improvement opportunities by questioning assumptions and taking initiative to solve problems
- Entrepreneurial, self-directed and resourceful. You thrive in a highly dynamic and unstructured environment and never hesitate to get things done
- Ability to work on numerous projects simultaneously with the ability to push "quick wins" to execution by handing off to and influencing other stakeholders
- Willing to travel up to, but not more than, one week per month
- Experience analyzing product costs, supplier spend, and other sourcing analytics5+ years of experience in a factory management, sourcing and costing role, and/or other highly analytical experience
- Experience in footwear and/or apparel preferred, but not required
More practical skills needed:
- Expert in Microsoft Office (emphasis in Excel) and Google Drive
- Experience working and negotiating with apparel and/or footwear factories preferred
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health insurance
- Fitness benefits
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Paid parental leave
- Discounted product
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
Back to top