Manager I, Customer Experience
San Francisco, CA | Customer Experience Team | Reports to the Senior Director, Supply Chain Operations
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we’re on a mission to prove that comfort, good design and sustainability don’t have to be mutually exclusive. We are dedicated to making the most sustainable footwear we can using premium natural materials, designed for the to and fro of everyday life. Our commitment to making better shoes in a better way is fueled by a belief that the shoe industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. With funding from the leading venture capitalists in consumer products, and the founding CEOs of some of the greatest e-commerce businesses in recent history, our desire to shake up the footwear industry is off to a great start. In fact, TIME already called our first shoe, the Wool Runners, the most comfortable in the world, and there is much more to come.
What does the job entail?
- Lead a team of 4-6 Customer Experience Associates to be the first line of support for Allbirds customers, such that the purchase (and post-purchase) process for each customer is positive and meets the “Allbirds Golden Rule,” including delivery of excellent customer support with on-brand messaging;
- Establish appropriate objectives for the customer experience function and drive those objectives;
- Define and implement escalation processes for customer inquiries to the customer experience specialists;
- Work with other functional leaders to understand their key business metrics and improve our performance against those measures via customer support;
- Highlight trends and patterns from customer inquiries, inject positive change across the business with creative tools to aid customers, such as more effective self-help on our website;
- Serve as an Allbirds brand ambassador on the front line with our customers via phone, chat, social media, and email channels;
- Attract, hire, and cultivate top talent for the customer experience team;
- Schedule and lead Customer Experience Associates to deliver best-in-class customer support;
- Liaise with key partners such as our third-party logistics providers
What kind of person are we looking for?
You love to communicate with people, tackle problems, and generally be part of a team that is doing meaningful work.
- 2+ years of experience in a customer facing environment
- 1+ years of people management experience
- Very organized and meticulous;
- Upbeat and positive;
- Able to juggle multiple conversations with customers, and track trends and data to help improve customer happiness;
- Curious and eager to question assumptions, and then take initiative to find creative solutions
- Experience leading people
- Experience across email, chat, and phone
- ZenDesk experience a plus
- International support experience a plus
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health insurance
- Fitness benefits
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Paid parental leave
- Free shoes
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
Meet Some of Allbirds's Employees
Dennice is a product designer at Allbirds. She mixes new construction methods with customer research to support the design of the future product pipeline. When she’s not at the office, she's usually riding her old Vespa around hilly San Francisco.
Back to top