San Francisco, CA | Finance Team | Reports to the Senior Accountant
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. We’re a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and our headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, we’ve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability aren’t mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. And as a certified B Corp, we’re dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials - designed for life’s everyday adventures.
Where we need help
You’ll work closely with our Senior Accountant and key cross functional business partners. You will be responsible for processing vendor invoices, accrual preparation, monthly account reconciliations, system implementations, policy roll-outs, audit and reporting activities. You’ll help us build a strong infrastructure to support growth and scale. You thrive in a start-up environment. Your friends and co-workers describe you as someone who gets it done, and is good natured, analytical, detail-oriented, and insatiably curious.
What does the job entail?
- Streamline AP process for vendor payments and 3-way match with Purchase Orders
- Prepare month-end accruals for various accounts
- Administer expense reimbursements and Corporate Card program
- Assist in system implementations and new policy roll-outs
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations for AP, accruals and prepaid expenses
- Prepare 1099’s and other year-end processes
- Help manage vendor relations
- Assist in various ad-hoc projects as needed
What kind of person are we looking for?
- 1-2 years of work experience in an accounting role
- BA/BS or equivalent
- Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Strong analytical skills, detail-oriented and ability to multi-task
- Superior written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and GSuite
- Experience with system implementations a plus
- Highly motivated and able to thrive under pressure
- Team player, with a positive attitude, who is pro-active and owns accountability
- Shares company values and vision and is excited by the challenge of working in a dynamic start-up environment
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401k employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness benefits
- Free shoes
- Pup friendly office!
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
Back to top