- San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, CA | Finance | Reports to Accounting Manager
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. We’re a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and our headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, we’ve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability aren’t mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. And as a certified B Corp, we’re dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials - designed for life’s everyday adventures.
Where we need help
You’ll work closely with our Accounting Team and key cross functional business partners. You will be responsible for inventory data management and entry, creating journal entries, account reconciliations, three-way matching, audit, ad-hoc projects and reporting activities. You’ll help us build a strong infrastructure to support growth and scale. You thrive in a start-up environment. Your friends and co-workers describe you as someone who gets it done, and is good natured, analytical, detail-oriented, and insatiably curious.
What does the job entail?
- Help streamline inventory-close process and co-own inventory life cycle
- Prepare and upload daily 3PL files
- Review the creation of stock transfer orders and work with retail teams for accurate receiving
- Upload trade invoices and ensure 3-way match
- Track, report and resolve errors and inventory discrepancies
- Reconcile inventory accounts
- Find ways to improve process and automation
- Work with 3PL WMS systems to ensure inventory accuracy
- Work with retail and logistics teams to creatively seek resolution to challenging issues
- Assist in various ad-hoc projects with the ERP team as needed
- Assist in annual audits
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Strong analytical skills, detail-oriented and ability to multi-task
- Be highly organized and drive change
- Experience with SAP a plus
- Superior written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Excel
- Highly motivated and able to thrive under pressure
- Team player, with a positive attitude, who is pro-active and owns accountability
- Shares company values and vision and is excited by the challenge of working in a dynamic start-up environment
More practical skills needed:
- BA/BS or equivalent
- 1-2 years of accounting experience
- CPA is a plus
- SQL is a plus
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401k employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness benefits
- Discounted Products
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Professional, employment-related, or schooling information.
Current or past job history, performance evaluations, and educational background, including grades and transcripts.
How We Use Your Information
For professional, internal analysis, or employment-related purposes, including job applications.
Back to top