Floor Lead - Boston, MA
Newbury Street, Boston | Retail Team | Reports to the Boston Store Leader
Where do we need help?
We’ve sold a million shoes, launched three groundbreaking materials, and changed how people think about comfort, design, and retail. Now we’re taking the Allbirds in-store experience across the country and are looking for seasoned and impactful retail leaders to execute on that mission.
Who are we looking for?
The Floor Lead’s core purpose is to deliver an exceptional customer experience and execute daily operations within the store.
What does the job entail?
Delivering and executing on three primary focus areas: Customer Experience, Operational Excellence, and People Management.
- Provide all customers with a high quality and personalized in-store experience, upholding the standards set forth in our Retail Woolbook and Customer Journey.
- Foster high quality customer service across the team by modeling our standards and providing ambassadors with on-the-floor direction and coaching.
- Successfully communicate with and serve a diverse range of customers with different needs and approach preferences.
- Maintain store appearance, cleanliness, and organization, requesting for maintenance as needed.
- Uphold proper visual merchandising standards on the retail floor and windows.
- Monitor stock levels, fill shelves, and ensure all available product is visible on the floor.
- Cashier and resolve point of sale discrepancies.
- Delegate tasks to ambassadors to ensure productivity and that shift goals are met.
- Constantly strive to better the in-store experience for both customers and your teammates.
- Ensure all team members understand the goals for their shift and support them in achieving them.
- Model honest and effective communication when delivering and receiving feedback.
- Promote a respectful and productive team culture by helping to de-escalate and resolve conflict when necessary.
What might describe you:
- 2+ years of retail experience, fashion or footwear is a plus
- 1+ years of retail managerial experience
- Connection to Allbirds's mission, vision, and products
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive and enthusiastic
- Desire to learn and grow
- Reliable and punctual
- Able to work approximately 40 hours per week, including a minimum of one weekend day
- Able to comfortably lift 30 lbs on a regular basis and stand for 95% of the work day
What can we offer?
- Competitive hourly rate
- Health insurance
- Wellness benefits
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Paid parental leave
- Free shoes!
Please apply with your resume and cover letter. We're excited to hear from you!
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
Back to top