San Francisco, CA | Creative Team | Reports to Creative Director
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we’re on a mission to prove that comfort, good design and sustainability don’t have to be mutually exclusive. We are dedicated to making the most sustainable footwear we can using premium natural materials, designed for the to and fro of everyday life. Our commitment to making better shoes in a better way is fueled by a belief that the shoe industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. With funding from the leading venture capitalists in consumer products, and the founding CEOs of some of the greatest e-commerce businesses in recent history, our desire to shake up the footwear industry is off to a great start. In fact, TIME already called our first shoe, the Wool Runners, the most comfortable in the world, and there is much more to come.
Where we need help
We are looking for a digital designer, who’s career is focused on designing for web and mobile to help lead Allbird’s digital design efforts. Candidate must have a strong attention to detail, exceptional typographic skills, and experience setting up and working on web style guides. Strong interest and experience in UX design preferred. Must know how to use sketch, follow and set web style guides, and have experience working with a development team, and handing off specs.
What does the job entail?
- Working with our Creative Director, and development team to implement the brand design direction across our digital platforms.
- Helping set design templates for email and ads, and directing junior designers on the execution.
- Help set and keep updating our digital brand style guidelines
- Work closely with our developers to solve problems big and small
- A true team player, who helps out whenever they have bandwidth
What kind of person are we looking for?
- 5-7 years of work experience as a designer; e-commerce brand experience is a plus
- BA/BS or equivalent in design with emphasis on digital work
- An incredible portfolio of work
- Expert in Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Strong typographic and layout skills
- Strong perspective on digital design and responsive design
- Knowledge of UX, HTML, CSS a plus
- Entrepreneurial, self-directed and resourceful – someone who will thrive in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health insurance
- Fitness benefits
- 401k match
- Paid parental leave
- Free shoes
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
Meet Some of Allbirds's Employees
Dennice is a product designer at Allbirds. She mixes new construction methods with customer research to support the design of the future product pipeline. When she’s not at the office, she's usually riding her old Vespa around hilly San Francisco.
Back to top