San Francisco, CA | Analytics Team | Reports to Director of Analytics
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we’re on a mission to prove that comfort, good design and sustainability don’t have to be mutually exclusive. We are dedicated to making the most sustainable footwear we can using premium natural materials, designed for the to and fro of everyday life. Our commitment to making better shoes in a better way is fueled by a belief that the shoe industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. With funding from the leading venture capitalists in consumer products, and the founding CEOs of some of the greatest e-commerce businesses in recent history, our desire to shake up the footwear industry is off to a great start. In fact, TIME already called our first shoe, the Wool Runners, the most comfortable in the world, and there is much more to come.
Where we need help
We’re growing at a very fast pace. As such, it has become increasingly challenging to keep up with the velocity and volume of data we are generating. We need this role to collect, organize and analyze this data to help the business to make best decisions based on data.
What does the job entail?
- Perform deep dive data analysis to uncover area of opportunities and risks.
- Use data to inform, influence, support business decisions.
- Create and maintain reports and dashboards for multiple departments
- Create and maintain statistical demand forecast and work with merchandiser to create buy plan
- Create and maintain statistical model for Marketing mix effectiveness, Customer segments and work with Marketing to optimize media spend
- Analyze web site data and conversion funnel and help eCommerce team to create site enhancement road map.
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Naturally curious and keen observer
- Understands business and able to transform a business problem into a research problem and then into meaningful hypothesis to test.
- Not afraid of pulling/working with big datasets and confident in making safe assumptions where data is not available.
- Good judge of what analysis technique to apply in what situation. Applies creativity when a standard method does not exist for a particular situation.
- Ability to infer and clearly communicate results to the business owners.
More practical skills needed:
- BA/BS or equivalent in mathematics, computer science, economics or related fields
- 2+ year of experience. MS in quantitative field can be considered in lieu of experience.
- Working knowledge of database querying using SQL
- Advanced Excel skills
- Advanced knowledge of SAS and/or R
- Experience working in dashboarding tools like Qlik, Tableau or similar
- Experience in building/applying statistical model/advanced statistical technique of drawing causal inferences in both experimental and non-experimental situations
- Ecommerce or fashion apparel experience is plus (not mandatory)
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health insurance
- Fitness benefits
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Paid parental leave
- Free shoes
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
Meet Some of Allbirds's Employees
Dennice is a product designer at Allbirds. She mixes new construction methods with customer research to support the design of the future product pipeline. When she’s not at the office, she's usually riding her old Vespa around hilly San Francisco.
Back to top