Associate Director of Manufacturing
Vietnam, HCMC| Asia Production Team | Reports to Country Manager Vietnam
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. We’re a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and our headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, we’ve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability aren’t mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. And as a certified B Corp, we’re dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials - designed for life’s everyday adventures.
Where we need help
The Associate Director of Manufacturing is responsible for the efficient daily reporting for Asia Operations, namely having primary accountability for performance results in compliance, cost, capacity planning and consolidation across Asia production. This position oversees the vendor facing areas of the manufacturing accountability – including compliance, planning, costing, and calendar management, ensuring that products are manufactured and shipped on schedule, meeting/exceeding compliance, productivity and cost objectives. This position will build, develop, and manage a team capable of carrying out operational strategies and execution excellence in a high growth environment.
What does the job entail?
- Oversee all vendor facing reporting, including compliance, planning, costing, to ensure on time delivery of product, Costing, CBD, Compliance audit, testing to ensure buy ready,
- Develop and implement strategic, long, and short-term plans for continuous improvement establish processes and procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations, in process standardization and workflows.
- Identify, recommend and implement changes to improve productivity, standardize processes and reduce costs.
- Partner with PE/QE to manage implementation and maintenance of production standards, SOP’s and Vendor accountability.
- Drives operational process and inventory control procedures, leading to VMI.
- Partner with planning teams to ensure capacity schedules are agreed and ensure reporting cadence for information flow.
- Drives a culture that emphasizes workplace safety, a people first environment, open communication, empowerment, and recognition.
- Partner with EX to create leadership development opportunities, driving performance management, building a diverse workforce, and introduction of change management concepts to build an engaged and high performing workforce.
- Partners with Development and Commercialization to maintain the vendor facing GTM calendar ensuring successful launch of all new products into production to hard launch date.
- Assists the Country Manager in aligning manufacturing regions, developing actions to reduce or eliminate manufacturing variances.
- Manages managerial reports on waste, productivity, labor, materials, and controllable overhead to increase profitability.
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in Management, Business, Engineering or related field preferred.
- 8+ years of experience and subject matter expertise in Apparel or Footwear Development, commercialization or merchandising (Apparel Preferred)
- At least 3 years of being a people manager, preferred
- Experience of Planning, Vendor allocation, and material management/consolidation
- Strong Asia Manufacturing experience in a brand capacity.
- CSR and Market compliance knowledge including GB testing.
- Proficient use of ERP systems, and Excel, strong PMO
- Demonstrated success in the management of people and very strong leadership skills.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, numerical and reasoning abilities; problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and create project plans for continuous improvement.
- Proven relationship builder, creating open and transparent vendor relationships and accountability across the T1, and T2 vendor base.
- Passionate about sustainability and making things in a better way
- Low ego and high horsepower, you are continuously seeking improvement processes for Allbirds and for your own development.
- Perpetually curious, always seeking to improve your understanding of Allbirds’ businesses, and identify new opportunities by questioning assumptions and taking the initiative to solve problems
- Self-directed and resourceful, you thrive in a highly dynamic, and unstructured environment, and never hesitate to get things done.
More practical skills needed:
- BA/BS or equivalent
- Expert in Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Advanced Excel skills
- Materials (fabric) knowledge an advantage
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401k employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness benefits
- Discounted products
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
Back to top