Assistant PR Manager, Europe
- London, United Kingdom
London, UK | Marketing Team | Reports to the PR Manager, Europe
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we believe in making better things in a better way. We are on a mission to prove that comfort, design and sustainability aren’t mutually exclusive by making premium footwear from renewable materials, designed for everyday life.
Having seen his fair share of sneakers as a professional athlete, Tim Brown understood the need for a simpler and more comfortable shoe. Being from New Zealand, wool immediately came to mind as the perfect material, and Tim began an extensive development process. After teaming up with San Francisco-based engineer and renewables expert, Joey Zwillinger, Allbirds was born. The brand launched its first product in March 2016, the Wool Runner, which was dubbed "the world's most comfortable shoe" by TIME Magazine. Allbirds has gone on to sell over a million pairs of shoes in the first two years of business and continues to introduce new proprietary sustainable materials, including Tree and Sugar.
Where we need help
We have all the makings of a world-class brand – beautifully designed products that exceed customer expectations, a genuine origin story, passionate founders, product innovation rooted in the use of natural materials, and a loyal group of evangelists who believe in our mission.
As we tackle big plans for 2020, we’re looking for a hands-on public relations professional to help convey our brand story.
What does the job entail?
- Support press plans and strategy development for product introductions, events and news moments
- Assist PR Manager with daily operations and communications with external agencies
- Manage sample orders and trafficking with media and external agencies
- Oversee speaking opportunities for senior leadership, coordinating with PR Manager to ensure all preparation is completed
- Draft press materials including releases, briefings, quotes and interviews
- Manage inbound press inbox and ensure opportunities are cascaded to appropriate teams
- Perform daily audits of media outlets for brand coverage and surface as necessary
- Help organise and execute a range of editor and influencer events
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Amazing written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write and edit press releases, executive Q&A’s, media alerts, etc.
- 2-3 years of professional PR experience
- Experience pitching media across broadcast, print and online
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills; a growing network in the editorial world
More practical skills needed:
- BA/BS or equivalent
- Expert in Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
Back to top