Tier II Service Desk Specialist - 30008
- Doral, FL
MacAulay-Brown, Inc. (MacB) is currently hiring for a Tier II Service Desk Specialist in Miami, FL. The Tier II Service Desk Specialist will be responsible for:
- Responds to and diagnoses problems through discussion with users
- Ensures a timely process though which problems are controlled. Includes problem recognition, research, isolation, resolutions, and follow-up steps.
- Supervises operation of help desk and serves as focal point for customer concerns.
- Provides support to end users on a variety of issues.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
- Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
- Documents, tracks, and monitors all problems to ensure a timely resolution.
- Provides, second-tier support to end users for either PC, server, or mainframe applications or hardware. Interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
- Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
- Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems.
- Refers more complex problems to intermediate and/or senior level.
- Associates Degree in IT or Computer Science; or
- 3 years of IT Help Desk experience.
Additional Technical Skills /Experience Desired:
- Perform MAC (Moves, Adds and Changes) duties.
- Microsoft technology stacks (Office, Active Directory).
- End user hardware: notebooks, desktops, peripherals, monitors, mobile devices.
- High volume networked multi-function printers support.
- Knowledge of Windows 7, 8.1 with Mac OS X Knowledge extra.
- Good troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in assembling/disassembling computer hardware and computers
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- Experience with software installations with desktop applications
Minimum Training/Certification requirements: DOD 8570.01-M - IAT Level II
- Baseline Certification
- CompTIA Security+ (equivalent or higher security certification)
- Computing Environment
- Windows 10
Security Clearance: Top Secret/Sensitive Comp Info
Back to top