Test Engineer, Senior - 31895
- Linthicum Heights, MD
With more than 80 years of experience engineering science and technology solutions to support national security, Alion supports clients with big ideas and real solutions.
(U) JOB SUMMARY:
The Test Engineer – Senior Level shall recommend testing methodologies to be used for specific systems, prepare test plans documenting the intended test methodology, and prepare test procedures and test cases based on specific requirements. The Test Engineer - Senior Level shall conduct various system tests (i.e. integration, systems, regression) with supervision, document and present test results, perform system validation and verification, and work with users and developers through all phases of system lifecycle clarify requirements and ensure testability. The Test Engineer - Senior Level shall estimate resource needs for testing tasks for input into project budget and schedules; lead, task, and mentor teams; and ensures that all testing efforts are conducted in accordance with best industry practices.
(U) Professional Experience and Education
The Test Engineer – Senior shall meet the following minimum requirements:
- Sixteen (16) years of experience in preparing, conducting, and documenting various systems tests and results to verify system operability and compliance with project standards and requirements.
- A Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for four (4) years of experience, or a Master of Science degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for six (6) years' experience.
- Twelve (12) years of experience with bug tracking software (i.e. Bugzilla).
- Twelve (12) years of experience with OSI Model, TCP/IP networking, routing, switching, and other basic network concepts.
- Twelve (12) years of experience developing or testing software written in C/C++, Java, Perl and scripting languages.
- Twelve (12) years of experience testing software on Windows, Linux and Solaris Platforms.
- Six (6) years of experience estimating resources for testing task through the development of BOE documentation.
- Six (6) years of experience testing classified systems developed for intelligence purposes.
- Six (6) years of experience in a lead test role.
Security Clearance: Top Secret/Sensitive Comp Info
Back to top