Test Engineer - Mid-Level - 31783
- Linthicum Heights, MD
With more than 80 years of experience engineering science and technology solutions to support national security, Alion supports clients and employees with big ideas and real solutions.
The Test Engineer – Mid Level shall recommend testing methodologies to be used for specific systems, prepare test plans documenting the intended test methodology, and prepare test procedures and test cases based on specific requirements. The Test Engineer - Mid Level shall conduct various system tests (i.e. integration, systems, regression) with supervision, document and present test results, perform system validation and verification, and work with users and developers through all phases of system lifecycle clarify requirements and ensure testability. The Test Engineer - Mid Level shall estimate resource needs for testing tasks for input into project budget and schedules and may be required to lead and mentor teams.
Education and Experience:
The Test Engineer – Mid-Level shall meet the following minimum requirements:
1. Eight (8) years demonstrated experience in preparing, conducting, and documenting various systems tests and results to verify system operability and compliance with project standards and requirements. A Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for four (4) years of experience, or a Master of Science degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for six (6) years' experience.
2. Four (4) years of experience with bug tracking software (i.e. Bugzilla).
3. Four (4) years of experience with OSI Model, TCP/IP networking, routing, switching, and other basic network concepts.
4. Four (4) years of experience developing or testing software written in C/C++, Java, Perl and scripting languages.
5. Four (4) years of experience testing software on Windows, Linux and Solaris Platforms.
6. Two (2) years demonstrated experience in a lead test role.
Security Clearance: Top Secret/Sensitive Comp Info
Back to top