Technical Proposal Writer - 33936
- Warren, MI
The ideal candidate has two or more years experience preparing technical proposals for DoD contracts, a technical education in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, chemistry, or another hard science with two or more years experience working in that discipline.
- Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs; studying requests for proposal (RFPs); attending strategy meetings.
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; transmitting proposals.
- Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information; coordinating submissions and collections; identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation; writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Prepares presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding; coordinating printing.
- Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
- Obtains approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and project managers.
- Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate; implementing changes.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Prioritizes potential opportunities, conducting detailed analysis within GVSC and its capabilities to determine if the opportunity can be developed by GVSC.
- Supports the proposal development and approval process through GVSC and other Government agencies.
- Transitions execution to lead in the executing organization.
- Follows up with execution and ensure final product delivery is successful.
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a SECRET clearance.
Bachelor's degree plus 2 to 4years directly related experience.
Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience.
Security Clearance: Secret
Back to top