Tactical Writer - Mid Level - 31782
- Linthicum Heights, MD
With more than 80 years of experience engineering science and technology solutions to support national security, Alion supports clients and employees with big ideas and real solutions.
The Technical Writer – Mid Level shall prepare and/or maintain documentation pertaining to all aspects of software and systems engineering, systems operations, testing, and user documentation. They shall translate business specifications into user documentation; plan, write, and maintain systems and user support documentation efforts; plan, write, and maintain policy document frameworks; and consolidate technical input and analyses and create a logical, UNCLASSIFIED//FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY, understandable report. The Technical Writer – Mid Level singularly create documents based on pertinent technical drawings, technical information from pamphlets, consultations with the technical personnel, and other available sources. Additionally, they may be required to work with Web Application developers to create website content. This position may require leading and mentoring junior technical writers, as well as planning and estimating work assignments.
Education and Experience:
The Technical Writer – Mid Level shall meet the following minimum requirements.
1. Eight (8) years demonstrated experience in producing and/or editing technical documents for all aspects of software and systems engineering and systems operations. A Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for four (4) years of experience, or a Master of Science degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for six (6) years' experience.
2. Four (4) years demonstrated experience producing technical documentation and document templates utilizing various word processing tools (i.e. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Visio).
3. Four (4) years demonstrated experience working with document standards for such technical documents as a CONOP and Software Requirements Specification.
4. Four (4) years demonstrated experience collaborating with web developers to accomplish web publishing.
5. Four (4) years demonstrated experience with document editing, document structure and logic flow, and writing for non-technical audiences;
6. Four (4) years demonstrated experience interpreting engineering and maintenance drawings and operational procedures.
Security Clearance: Top Secret/Sensitive Comp Info
Back to top