Systems Engineer, Associate Principal - 33504
- Linthicum Heights, MD
The Systems Engineer Associate Principal is responsible for System Engineering on one or several programs. It is tasked with System engineering activities such as System Concept Development, Concept of Operation (CONOPS) Development, Requirements Development/Management, Analysis of Alternatives (AoA), Gap Analysis, Course of Action Alternatives, System Design, Work Breakdown Structure Development, Basis of Estimate Development, Development of a System Engineering Management Plan (SEMP), Project Plan, Resource Planning and Allocation, DODAF 2.0 Artifact Creation, Software Development Plan Development, Test and Evaluation Management, Planning and Execution, DT&E/OT&E, Specification Development, User Interface (UI) Requirements Development.
- Responsible for the technical design, development, test and delivery of a large technical program in accordance with contract requirements and company policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Performs, directs and supervises all technical resources for the performance of project assignments and activities. Provides the technical direction of a project through the design, implementation, and testing in accordance with project objectives.
- Also participates with Business Development to capture follow-on business associated with assigned projects and for supporting new business development by leading proposals technically or assisting with major proposals.
- Responsible for all aspects of the technical development and implementation of assigned projects and provides a technical single point of contact for those projects.
- Takes projects from original concept through final implementation.
- Interfaces with all areas affected by the project including end users, computer services, and client services.
- Defines technical project scope and objectives.
- Develops detailed technical work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports.
- Conducts technical project meetings and is responsible for project technical performance.
- Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team.
- Recommends and takes action to perform or direct the analysis and solutions of technical problems.
- May supervise technical personnel performing in their regular disciplines.
- May participate in the development and execution of budgets, sales and marketing plans and other strategic tools.
- Participates in driving initiatives for achieving established objectives.
- May serve as the primary or assistant technical and management interface for the company, customer, and senior staff.
- Provides management services including general administrative oversight, time accounting. financial tracking, cost projection, inventory management, personnel evaluation and support.
- Responsible for the preparation of and accountability for all technical contract deliverables.
- Responsible for the technical leadership and direction to a multidisciplinary staff.
- Develop and operate a variety of technical systems related to the specific job function.
- Specify systems requirements and insure that completed systems meet requirements.
- Support data acquisition process control.
- Prepares and approves Standard Operating Procedures, Protocols and other technical documentation.
- Able to supervise, manage, support and evaluate personnel.
Education and Experience
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Software, Aerospace) or Physics from an accredited College or University with a GPA of 3.0 or greater. Fifteen (15) or more years working in a technical discipline with relevant skills and experience will be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Position requires a TS/SCI clearance.
- Will have experience in leading the design, development, integration and test, and delivery of components, subsystems and systems.
- Should be familiar with and have extensive experience working with end users and stakeholders to identify and establish clear, effective and testable/verifiable requirements that meet user needs and expectations.
- Must be able to clearly communicate and work with a broad variety of users, engineers and stakeholders.
- Will have experience working with Business Development to conceive and create program requirements including technical, cost and schedule.
- Must have the following competencies:
- Effective Meeting Planning and Execution
- Clear, and effective communication (written and verbal)
- Effective Time Management
- Effective Team Leadership including directive and mutual communication and expectation setting
- Strong motivational skills
- Leads by example
- Experience with the following tools is desired;
- Requirements Management (e.g. DOORS, JAMA)
- C, C++, JAVA, etc.
- Software Configuration Management Tool (e.g. ClearCase or other)
- Must be a subject matter expert in two or more of the following areas:
- Electrical Design (RF, Digital)
- Mechanical Design
- Software Engineering (Embedded, Application, Database, User Interface, Operating System(s), Board Support Packages, Network Communications, Mobile Communications, Linux, Microsoft Windows)
- Artificial Intelligence
- Modeling and Simulation
- C4ISR System Design, Development, Sustainment
- SIGINT/COMINT/ELINT/Direction Finding
- Electronic Warfare
- Communications Systems
- GEOINT, EO/IR/FMV
- RADAR, SAR, GMTI
- User Interface Design and Ergonomics
- Aircraft System Design, Integration, Operation
- Position, Navigation and Timing
- Antenna Design
- Space/Time Adaptive Processing
- Must be familiar with and have used the following applications:Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and Microsoft Visio or equivalent.
Security Clearance: Top Secret/Sensitive Comp Info
Back to top