Special Operations Analyst (Systems Engineer) - 32484
- Stuttgart, Germany
With more than 80 years of experience engineering science and technology solutions to support national security, Alion supports clients with big ideas and real solutions.
Position Description: The System Engineer/Military Analyst executes as an OCONUS EA&A Analyst providing day-to-day Environmental Analysis and Assessments (EA&A) Task Order (TO) administrative and operational support to Special Operations Command – Africa (SOCAFRICA). The EA&A Analyst will produce and disseminate standard, ad-hoc and client specific reports, statistical analysis, briefings, and studies that support operational assessments and inform staff estimates. Additionally, the EA&A Analyst supports the on-site Team Lead by attending recurring meetings and battle rhythm events to gain and maintain situational awareness on current and future operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Function as the on-site Team Lead supporting SOCAFRICA requirements; continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen command relationships;
- Provide technical advice and assistance for staff preparation and participation in briefings and meetings;
- Support the development and maintenance a multilayered information environment user dashboard interface that increases decision-maker awareness and improves operational visibility;
- Support the Tampa Production Center (TPC) in the development of reports on the environment and topics of interest for strategic estimates including political, military, social, economic, informational, environmental, and technical issues;
- Coordinate with the SOCAFRICA J2 on threat trends and make recommendations to refine strategic, operational and contingency planning;
- Provide a forecast of threat trends in operations of future operations to increase warfighter awareness by researching emerging trends in the operating environment and define potential vulnerabilities to the U.S. efforts in the SOCAFRICA area of responsibility;
- Analyze threat assets and networks within the region and provide recommendations on potential SOCAFRICA operations, activities and actions (OAAs) to affect these threats and promote the survivability of Special Operations personnel and equipment;
- Supports the development of qualitative and quantitative metrics to measure progress of the Commands operations, actions, and activities toward operational and strategic-level objectives;
- Employ expertise to develop predictive analysis of primary, secondary and tertiary intended and unintended consequences of planned and ongoing operations, actions, and activities; and,
- Supports the Theater Special Operation Command (TSOC) preparation of Comprehensive Joint Assessment (CJA) in support of USAFRICOM Theater Campaign Plan (TCP) and USSOCOM assessment requirements.
- A bachelor's degree plus 3 years of recent specialized experience, OR; An associate's degree plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR; A major certification plus 7 years of recent specialize experience, OR; 11 years of recent specialized experience.
- Minimum of three years of technical portal, web service and/or analytical experience.
- Individual must be familiar with the SOCAFRICA area of operations.
- Individual must be familiar with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Excel) as well as developing and maintaining SharePoint portals and web-based environments.
- SOF SME with experience in O-6 level or higher command with a thorough understanding of the JP-5 assessment process.
- JPME II graduate (preferred)
- TS clearance w/SCI eligibility required.
Security Clearance: None
Back to top