Space Modeling Software Architect - 32670
- Albuquerque, NM
A US Government Office in Albuquerque NM executing research and development to explore novel architectures for future US Government space systems has a need for a proactive, self-starting individual with a deep and broad technical modeling and simulation development and analysis background. Ideally, this individual should have broad exposure to modeling tools and analysis techniques for space systems engineering, data analytics, remote sensing, space domain awareness, agile software development, machine learning, artificial intelligence, graph theory, game theory, agent-based discrete-event modeling and simulation (including wargaming), and intelligence analysis. The individual should have a deep understanding and experience in software engineering geared to support these subject matter areas. The individual should also be able to work with large and small teams and coordinate complicated sets of technical requirements across disparate activities and be able to discover and create overarching software solutions from a broad set of requirements.
The person in this position will work closely with USG customers to coordinate and execute a wide array of technical efforts that are coordinated under a unifying vision. The Software Architect needs to have capabilities across technical and project management areas. The person will plan, lead and coordinate multi-disciplined software and IT activities to successfully deliver advanced modeling, simulation, and analytical capabilities. The person will have to balance top-down and bottom-up approaches to solve extremely challenging problems.
- Demonstrated leadership in executing complex software and modeling efforts
- Demonstrated understanding of the resources needed for complex computing requirements
- Firm understanding of the existing breadth and depth of available software tools and development environments for the problems under consideration
- Background or firm understanding of space systems operations and engineering.
- Background or firm understanding of advanced modeling and simulation development.
- Background or firm understanding of machine learning, artificial intelligence, graph theory, and game theory.
- Background or firm understanding of Wargaming environments.
- Demonstrated experience with agile software development
- Experience with more than one modern software development environments, such as Python, and comfortable implementing quick-turnaround, proof of concept codes/scripts in such environments
- Familiarity with MATLAB, Python, and other data analytic environments.
- Familiarity and experience with STK, SOAP, AFSIM, ATLAS, Freeflyer or other industry analytical tools
- Demonstrated experience with project management and software version control and bug tracking systems
- Significant experience with managing customer interactions. Able to effectively communicate plans and results.
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help. Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task or proactively defining a needed task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to present complex technical concepts to a broad audience.
- Experience with technology management and development. The software architect will work with the Customer to develop technology roadmaps and solidify future plans and funding.
- Works well as a team member and has ability to work well with many organizations to develop software environments and analytic solutions consistent with customer goals.
- Ability to lead and manage groups of technical individuals working in customers' facilities.
- An active TS/SCI clearance is REQUIRED or held within the last year
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Math, Astronomy or a related field is required with 4-8 years related software and modeling experience. Desired: Master of Engineering or better in Electrical & Computer Engineering or related field, or Master of Science degree or better in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related field; and 10+ years relevant experience desired.
Security Clearance: Top Secret/Sensitive Comp Info
Back to top