Software Engineer Lead - 31848
- Enon, OH
Alion Science and Technology is seeking a Senior-Level Software Engineer to join our National Air and Space Intelligence Center (NASIC) support team to support efforts with the analysis, design, development, and reverse engineering of embedded software targeting various microcontrollers, microprocessors, and Digital Signal Processors (DSP) devices. Prospective candidates must be able to lead a small team in the development of systems and the construction of complex technical reports. Beyond technical leadership, some level of employee supervision will be expected.
In the position of Information Technology Manager you will be supporting the Foreign Materiel Exploitation (FME) Squadron of the National Air and Space Intelligence Center (NASIC). The mission objective is to help U.S. warfighters maintain their competitive edge by enabling the execution of timely exploitation of foreign aerospace and electronic systems for FME's Global Exploitation Intelligence Group. The majority of the work is performed at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB) in Dayton. To find out more about this exciting mission read NASIC's Acquire, Assess, Exploit article.
- Development and analysis of embedded software in a wide-variety of operating system environments including "Bare-metal" systems.
- Very strong experience with embedded, real-time, simulation application programming using network, TCP/IP, and other hardware interfaces.
- Experience in analyzing, troubleshooting and developing solutions for complex software problems.
- Deep working knowledge of Assembly Language, C, C++, C# and JAVA programming languages.
- Candidate should be very comfortable with Assembly Language Programming in embedded systems.
- Experience with scripting languages and embedded operating systems are also needed.
- Ability to coordinate a team of engineers to analyze, design, code, integrate, document and verify embedded microprocessor systems.
- Strong knowledge of reading schematics and component and microprocessor data sheets is required.
- Strong documentation and writing skills is also required, specifically with Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with software debuggers, decompilers, disassemblers, and software reverse engineering tools such as IDAPro and Ghidra
- Previous software reverse engineer experience.
- Knowledge of embedded C, assembly language on multiple platforms.
- Experience with Texas Instruments DSP processors and Code Composer Studio is desirable.
- Experience with x86 processors and Visual Studio is desirable.
- Experience with Amtel processors and microcontrollers and Atmel Studio is desirable.
- Experience with Analog Devices DSPs is desirable.
- Experience with ARM processor architectures is desirable.
Prospective candidates should have a Bachelors' degree in electrical engineering, or computer engineering with 10-15 years of directly related experience. Master's degree is a plus.
Candidates must hold an active Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility, and be eligible for additional clearances commensurate to their involvement with the USG.
Security Clearance: Top Secret/Sensitive Comp Info
Back to top