Software Engineer, Junior Level - 31882
- Linthicum Heights, MD
With more than 80 years of experience engineering science and technology solutions to support national security, Alion supports clients with big ideas and real solutions.
(U) JOB SUMMARY:
The Software Engineer – Junior Level shall participate in all phases of the software lifecycle from requirements definition through design, development, integration and test in various object-oriented and scripted languages (e.g., Java Script, C++, Perl, Python, Ruby) with minimal supervision. They shall apply industry best practices to all development efforts and review, analyze and modify software systems including coding, testing, debugging, installing and documenting and supporting system administrators with the installation of software applications and shall develop training materials as tasked. The Software Engineer – Junior Level shall guide users in formulating requirements, advise on alternative approaches and conduct feasibility studies as required.
(U) Professional Experience and Education
The Software Engineer – Junior Level shall meet the following minimum requirements:
- 1. A Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline or four (4) years demonstrated experience in full lifecycle software development to include requirements definition, design, development, peer reviews, unit testing, integration and test.
- 2. Two (2) years combined experience in each of the following: a. Software development in object-oriented and scripted languages (e.g., Java Script, C++, Perl, Python, Ruby); b. Object-oriented design and analysis; c. Authoring or coauthoring software documentation.
- 3. Two (2) years combined experience in one or more of the following:
- a) Public Key technologies (e.g., Public Key based authentication mechanisms) for applications;
- b) Enabling row and column security;
- c) Virtual Private Databases
- d) Dynamically loading data to database from XML.
Security Clearance: Top Secret/Sensitive Comp Info
Back to top