Senior Technical Advisor - Space - 32561
- Albuquerque, NM
A US Government Office in Albuquerque NM executing research and development to explore novel architectures for future US Government space systems has a need for a proactive, self-starting individual with a deep and broad technical background. Ideally, this individual should have broad exposure to space systems engineering, data analytics, remote sensing, space domain awareness, agile software development, machine learning, artificial intelligence, graph theory, game theory, agent-based discrete-event modeling and simulation (including wargaming), and intelligence analysis. The individual should have a deep understanding and experience base in two or more of these areas. The individual should also be able to work with large and small teams and coordinate complicated sets of technical requirements across disparate activities.
The person in this position will work closely with USG customers to coordinate and execute a wide array of technical efforts that are coordinated under a unifying vision. The Senior Technical Advisor needs to have capabilities across technical and project management areas. The qualified candidate will lead and coordinate multi-disciplined activities to successfully deliver advanced modeling, simulation, and analytic capabilities. The candidate should be able to balance top-down and bottom-up approaches to solve extremely challenging problems.
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Math, or a related scientific discipline plus 10-12 years relevant work experience, with 4-8 years of experience (A PhD is desirable). Background or firm understanding of space systems operations and engineering.
- Background or firm understanding of advanced modeling and simulation development.
- Background or firm understanding of machine learning, artificial intelligence, graph theory, and game theory.
- Background or firm understanding of Wargaming environments.
- Experience with agile software development
- Familiarity with MATLAB, Python and other data analytic environments
- Familiarity with STK, SOAP, AFSIM, ATLAS or other industry analytical tools
- Experience with at least one modern software development environment, such as Python, and comfortable implementing quick-turnaround, proof of concept codes/scripts in such environments
- Significant experience in interacting with highly technical customers. Able to effectively communicate plans and results.
- Ability to present complex technical concepts to a broad audience.
- Experience with technology management and development. The technical advisor will work with the government to develop technology roadmaps and solidify future plans and funding.
- Experience in modern intelligence analysis problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well with many organizations and branches to develop solutions for the customer consistent with customer goals.
Lead and manage groups of technical individuals working in government facilities
- An active TS/SCI clearance is REQUIRED or held within the last year
Security Clearance: Top Secret
Back to top