The MESB's mission is to improve Warfighter performance and survivability through analysis, procurement, development, testing, and integrating mission enhancement capabilities. These capabilities include advanced technologies for human systems integration, personal protective equipment, body armor, human performance augmentation (e.g., exoskeletons), wired and wireless power and data distribution (Soldier worn), energy generation, energy harvesting, energy storage, integrated helmet systems, personal electronics and information portrayal systems, man portable nano and small Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) with agnostic collision avoidance and Global Positioning System denied navigation capability, microclimate conditioning (personal cooling and heating), chemical and biological protection, and load carriage.
- Serve as an engineering consultant and technical expert on mission-critical infrastructure, systems, and equipment. Applies professional knowledge of scientific and engineering concepts. principals, phenomena and relationships to: assess specific requirements, delineate appropriately engineered designs, and develop preliminary and final design plans, engineering specifications, cost estimates and procurement packages in support of the operation, preventive maintenance and repair of mechanical. electrical, plumbing, utility and mission critical systems and equipment.
- Specify functional requirements, designs and tests components, analyzes designs, and integrates components. Evaluates overall design effectiveness, cost, reliability, and safety.
- Design, analyze, configure, tests and troubleshoots systems, as well as providing project engineering/program management support, development and evaluation support and/or engineering/life cycle support of a complex nature in a narrow area of specification.
- Conduct surveys and investigations at project sites to secure necessary data prior to initiating design work. Works under only very general direction and independently determines and develops approaches to solutions
- Bachelor's Degree plus 7 years of experience
- Must have active Secret Clearance
Security Clearance: Secret
Telework - Not Eligible